Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lush

Is this a better way to run our club?

What you're suggesting is basically what the Trust are aiming for i.e. a) gaining enough shares to allow fans to decide how the club is run and b) having annual elections to determine who these decision makers are.

Yes, but with the exception of a share ideology.

Why haven't the trust suceeded yet? Because they haven't raised anything near the amount of money required. Why not? Because anyone wishing to contribute the money required would want to go directly onto the current board and be able to influence decisions themselves rather than have them diluted by a supprters representative group.

That reads to me like your saying the foxes trust are completely wasting their time, wasting our clubs time, and fans generally.

Whoever runs the club, whether businessmen with no affiliation with the club, or long term fans, will always make decisions that a minority, or even a majority, of people don't agree with. You said it yourself that the fans are currently split on whether Levein should stay or go. The smoking situation is the same.

Yes, but thats because of the current system, not my suggestion...

An elected group of fans will only represent the fans that agree with them, sometimes a minority. Meanwhile the remaining fans will be just as annoyed as they are by the current board at times. There's no guarentee the elected fans would represent the majority of supporters.

Its a democratic process, that if it ever come about, would be because the vast majority of fans (or enough to force the board into resignation) would`ve wanted it that way.

They could be elected because of a certain issue, but then 6 months down the line alienate the fans on another issue.

Anyone prepared to spend enough money on 70% of a seasons match attendence, then stand for candidate, is hardly likely to change policy midway through. Also, people will more than likely vote for someone they know, reasonably well atleast. If any of the board wanted to change policy, it would have to be voted for.

You do make a good important point. The same could be said too, for board members now, so its not a new thing. Maybe we should make it 100% attendance, i just didnt wana "alienate" people on low incomes. Thats another thing, there are lots of people out there, with plenty of time on their hands, who could do a great job for us. Community spirit, city fans working together for a combined ideology to win.

Archived