Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tommy

Boss Laments Connolly Transfer

http://www.teamtalk.com/teamtalk/News/Stor..._935325,00.html

Leicester boss Craig Levein admits the club are still struggling to recover from the loss of striker David Connolly.

The Republic of Ireland forward was sold to Wigan in August after scoring four goals in five matches at the start of the season, and recently his absence has been felt by the goal-shy Foxes.

"Losing David Connolly was a real kick in the teeth for us because he would have scored a lot of goals," Levein said. "But once David knew a Premiership club were in for him, I was beaten.

"I could have told David he couldn't go to Wigan but what would have been the point of keeping him here? What would I have got out of him after that?

"And David's a very strong-willed character. He came to me in the summer and told me he wanted to play in the Premiership so I told him that's where I wanted to take the club.

"But once Wigan came in that was it, although it was a very lucrative deal for us because we got a £2m fee and we'll get another £1m if Wigan stay in the Premiership, which they look like they're going to do. So maybe I should phone up Paul Jewell and ask if I can have that last £1m right now!"

:blink:

Archived