Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
spirefox

Strategy for Choosing a New Manager

I am seriously worried that so many of the candidates being mentioned are already with Championship clubs.This poses two problems,Firstly the time and compensation cost it will take to get any of them,and secondly the length of contract they would need to be offered will effectively allow them to accept relegation.

I can imagine the press conferences now,"Of course we were rubbish,but these aren't my players and the transfer window has closed etc,etc" Relegation could be blamed on Levien and give the new man time to build from League one.The scenario is too easy to envisage.

We must go down the route of a short term ,quick fix and get an experienced, out of work management team who have the incentive of a massive bonus to keep us up and the additional carrot of a long term contract .

I am seriously worried that so many of the candidates being mentioned are already with Championship clubs.This poses two problems,Firstly the time and compensation cost it will take to get any of them,and secondly the length of contract they would need to be offered will effectively allow them to accept relegation.

I can imagine the press conferences now,"Of course we were rubbish,but these aren't my players and the transfer window has closed etc,etc" Relegation could be blamed on Levien and give the new man time to build from League one.The scenario is too easy to envisage.

We must go down the route of a short term ,quick fix and get an experienced, out of work management team who have the incentive of a massive bonus to keep us up and the additional carrot of a long term contract .

I agree but whether we stay up or not the board should be looking for a long term successor in the summer. By then we will now which league we'll be playing in and which managers are likely to be available and interested in the job.

Archived