Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content
lookwhaticando

Ivanauskas to take two-week break

Recommended Posts

Posted
Hearts head coach Valdas Ivanauskas is to take a two-week leave of absence after a meeting with club owner Vladimir Romanov in Lithuania.

_42227798_ivanauskassad203.jpg

Ivanauskas is citing ill-health and first-team matters will be overseen by sporting director Eduard Malofeev.

"I have full confidence in Valdas and look forward to his return," said Romanov in a club statement.

"During his absence the rest of the coaching staff will perform the necessary duties for our games."

Ivanauskas had refused to talk to the media following Saturday's 2-0 home defeat to Kilmarnock.

But he broke his silence via the club's statement, saying: "It was my initiative to ask Vladimir for the meeting.

"He immediately said yes to it. He listened to all I said and it was great to feel his support and understanding.

"Despite how it may seem, the meeting was not connected to the defeat on Saturday.

"I had been having some health problems earlier but now it is at the point where I cannot ignore them.

"I want to be, and must be, at the top of my physical and mental state.

"Therefore, with Vladimir's agreement, I am taking two weeks leave which I will spend on getting my health back.

"I will return in two weeks to my position as head coach. I hope our fans will understand my need for this."

Second-top of the league Hearts are eight points adrift of title-holders Celtic.

Romanov last season sacked George Burley and Graham Rix but has so far remained loyal to Ivanauskas, who was initially a caretaker boss but under whom Hearts won the Scottish Cup.

Former Belarus national coach Malofeev, 65, arrived at Tynecastle in the summer.

The veteran manager has also enjoyed spells in charge at Dinamo Minsk and FBK Kaunas.

Hearts boss to take a break

Genuine? Or is he being given the push, quietly, by Romanov? :ph34r:

Seems like a bloody good time to go off on your jollies - when your side falls 8 points behind in the title race. :huh:

We'll see what happens in two weeks, I guess. :pinch:

Posted

Hearts boss to take a break

Genuine? Or is he being given the push, quietly, by Romanov? :ph34r:

Seems like a bloody good time to go off on your jollies - when your side falls 8 points behind in the title race. :huh:

We'll see what happens in two weeks, I guess. :pinch:

He is gone - surely the Hearts Managers job has to be one of the worst to take in recent years!

Posted

He is gone - surely the Hearts Managers job has to be one of the worst to take in recent years!

The Newcastle job has always been a crap one to take on - for different reasons, though.

Southampton had a revolving door for a while, too. ;)

Posted

And all these clubs are or were run by megalomaniac sugar daddies.

Do we really want that type of instability at OUR club? :unsure:

Posted

And all these clubs are or were run by megalomaniac sugar daddies.

Do we really want that type of instability at OUR club? :unsure:

I disagree.

Hearts, indeed, are owned by a true nutjob.

Lowe and Fat Freddy, on the other hand, (had) have a chunk in their clubs, but do not own them outright. That's how Lowe was forced out (eventually) and that's why Fat Freddy's toon are constantly the subject of takeover speculation. Fat Freddy only owns 30% - the club is actually a traded company, as is Southampton.

If you replace megalomaniac sugar daddies with 'complete nutcase chairmen' then you'd be right, though. ;)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...