Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ipswich Town

Latest ticket news.

We have been allocated 1500 tickets for this match priced at £27 Adults, £18.50 Seniors(over 60's) and £10.50 Under 16's.

Tickets will go on sale as follows;

Monday 29th January - Season Ticket Holders Priority 1

Tuesday 30th January - Season Ticket Holders Priority 2

Wednesday 31st January - Season Ticket Holders Priority 3

Thursday 1st February - Members

Friday 2nd February - General Sale

Fox Travel coaches will depart from the Walkers Stadium at 9.30am and is priced as follows;

Adult Season Ticket Holders £14.50, Concession Season Ticket Holders £12.50, Adults £15.50 and Concessions £13.50

For trains, use this link.

And this link for the National Express.

For those driving, directions etc can be found here...

Please keep to useful advice on parking, pre-match eating and drinking etc. Unnecessary posts WILL be deleted. :thumbup:

The train station is a mere few minutes walk from the stadium, there's a pub across the road from there. Also a few minutes walk is the town centre, where you can find the usual suspects.

Not sure where the away friendly pub is, as I take the town centre option.

Also, there is a large car park between both the station and the stadium. There is a special football rate, in small print, that is a lot cheaper than the full day normal parking rate. Don't do what I did and neglect to read the small print. :@

I would also recommend, if you want a speedy exit, to leg it after the game, as the coaches use the same car park, and they are given priority for exiting once they're fully loaded and ready to go.

The train station is a mere few minutes walk from the stadium, there's a pub across the road from there. Also a few minutes walk is the town centre, where you can find the usual suspects.

Not sure where the away friendly pub is, as I take the town centre option.

The station hotel opposite the station is your best option for away fans,also there is a pub 100 yards away from the away end called the Drum and Monkey which used to be a great away pub but now most people opt for the station hotel. But both are mostly away pubs.

there is a pub 100 yards away from the away end called the Drum and Monkey which used to be a great away pub but now most people opt for the station hotel. But both are mostly away pubs.
Not even 100 yds. But it has been closed for the last few years. Has it reopened? And if it has, does it still have sticky floors?

Not even 100 yds. But it has been closed for the last few years. Has it reopened? And if it has, does it still have sticky floors?

It has re-opend but its very tacky to be honest,no better than when it was open before.

The station really is the place to be.

Yeah the floors are sticky,i couldnt get myself of the dance floor last time i was in there,by public demand.

Also, there is a large car park between both the station and the stadium. There is a special football rate, in small print, that is a lot cheaper than the full day normal parking rate. Don't do what I did and neglect to read the small print. :@

I would also recommend, if you want a speedy exit, to leg it after the game, as the coaches use the same car park, and they are given priority for exiting once they're fully loaded and ready to go.

That car park was closed for a while,after the night club next to it was closed down after some gun trouble in there a few weeks ago,not sure if it still is though...shouldnt be,will take forever to get out of there but it is about the only place to park really.

• 2 weeks later...

That car park was closed for a while,after the night club next to it was closed down after some gun trouble in there a few weeks ago,not sure if it still is though...shouldnt be,will take forever to get out of there but it is about the only place to park really.

Is anybody travelling to this game on the fox travel coaches that live in the Market Harborough area that would be willing to give me and friend a lift back to Market Harborough after the game?

Cheers

It is now open,think its about £4 or something but its right near the ground.

Prob be a good idea to get their fairly early though as it does fill up normally.

Udate 08/02/07 regarding weather...

City's Championship clash against Ipswich Town at Portman Road on Saturday should go ahead as planned. Heavy snowfall is continuing to cause widespread problems across the country but the Blues have this morning confirmed that their ground staff are working around the clock to ensure that the game goes ahead at the weekend.

An Ipswich Town spokesman said: "The pitch has been covered with a tent that hot air is being blown in to and we are likely to keep that going until the weekend so as we stand all should be ok."

Archived