Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lookwhaticando

What web browser do you use?

Which web browser...  

62 members have voted

1. 1. ... do you use?

• FireFox
    • Internet Explorer (6 or 7)
    • Netscape
    • Opera
    • Other

I always have this memory problem with Firefox:

It uses far too many of my resources until everything grinds to a halt... :(

open up a new tab and type about:config into the address bar & hit return or press go.

This will display all of FF's configuration options.

Scroll down the list until you find browser.cache.memory.capacity and reduce the value.

The default value will be 65000ish, it depends on how much memory is in your PC as to what value to set it at, but you can reduce it be 1/2 quite safely & you should see an improvement.

HTH

open up a new tab and type about:config into the address bar & hit return or press go.

This will display all of FF's configuration options.

Scroll down the list until you find browser.cache.memory.capacity and reduce the value.

The default value will be 65000ish, it depends on how much memory is in your PC as to what value to set it at, but you can reduce it be 1/2 quite safely & you should see an improvement.

HTH

Done that.

Will let you know if I see any improvements...

What's the difference

I've used both main ones and they seem the same to me :unsure:

Firefox is an awful lot more secure then IE, it is also faster at rendering webpages and there are thousands & thousands of extentions available for firefox meaning that as well as just being a browser it becomes a platform for running other mini-applications.

Archived