Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
esff

world rankings

just posted this on one of the chats but thought some may have missed it. this is from the international federation of football history & statistics website (they seem to look after fifa rankings) and this is their top 10 world club listings for the period 1st July 2003 - 29th June 2004:

1. (4.) Glasgow Celtic FC Scotland/3 281,5

2. (3.) São Paulo FC Brasil/4 280,0

3. (6.) Valencia CF España/4 266,0

4. (2.) Milan AC Italia/4 258,0

5. (8.) Real Madrid CF España/4 257,0

6. (7.) FC do Porto Portugal/3 254,5

7. (1.) CA Boca Juniors Buenos Aires Argentina/4 254,0

8. (9.) Manchester United FC England/4 253,0

9. (10.) Chelsea FC London England/4 250,0

10. (11.) Arsenal FC London England/4 248,0

its on www.iffhs.de and follow the links if anyone wants to look (it only goes down to 350 and so i couldn't find lcfc, although everton were joint 333rd!!)

there's not really a lot more i can say other than if celtic are the top team in the world then i don't think rankings count for a lot.

Guest Daniel

Ill say one thing.

Liverpool 5 Celtic 1

Celtic are shit, and if there the best in the world, they only beat us -0 we must be pretty damn high in them ratings. :laugh:

just posted this on one of the chats but thought some may have missed it. this is from the international federation of football history & statistics website (they seem to look after fifa rankings) and this is their top 10 world club listings for the period 1st July 2003 - 29th June 2004:

1. (4.) Glasgow Celtic FC Scotland/3 281,5

2. (3.) São Paulo FC Brasil/4 280,0

3. (6.) Valencia CF España/4 266,0

4. (2.) Milan AC Italia/4 258,0

5. (8.) Real Madrid CF España/4 257,0

6. (7.) FC do Porto Portugal/3 254,5

7. (1.) CA Boca Juniors Buenos Aires Argentina/4 254,0

8. (9.) Manchester United FC England/4 253,0

9. (10.) Chelsea FC London England/4 250,0

10. (11.) Arsenal FC London England/4 248,0

its on www.iffhs.de and follow the links if anyone wants to look (it only goes down to 350 and so i couldn't find lcfc, although everton were joint 333rd!!)

there's not really a lot more i can say other than if celtic are the top team in the world then i don't think rankings count for a lot.

i think its based on attendances, fans, league positions in their own league, as well. but i wouldnt of expected celtic to be 1st! :o

it tells you on the website how they work it out but i still don't see how celtic are the best team in the world and by the look of things we're up against it if we ever play Neftchi Fergana of Uzbekistan or Moroka Swallows Marshalltown of South Africa cos they're obviously better than us

Celtic are only top because they play shit teams week in week out (Apart from 2 games ), In the champions League they are shit , And when they get in the final of the UEFA cup they Lose! Poor MON

How can you compare intercontinental sides?

Fine within each continent, because there are the Cup competitions, but European sides do not play teams from elsewhere unless it i part of these corporate tournaments, and they're not exactly competitive!

Archived