Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lamby

Let's discuss Charlton

It all depends on who Charlton replace their best and departing players with.

Darren Bent going will be huge, Luke Young is on his way to Boro, Alexandre Song has gone back to Arsenal, Rommedhal to Ajax, Hermann Hreidarsson to Pompey, Kish to us (had to drop that one in lol) and Amdy Faye may not be about next season. Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink and El Karkouri were released I think but they played a decent part of last season for them too.

From their signings, Paddy Mac is dodgy, Varney looks like a good player but is unproven at this level, Iwelumo did OK last season but isnt much more than a lower league player in my eyes. Todorov could be very good at this level but who knows if he is over his injuries fully. For Redknapp to punt him out despite him being loved by the fans must have been for a good reason. The keeper Weaver from Man City is a decent signing as he had a good season last time around.

All in all, they still need a few players to go with what they have already got despite having some decent players still there. I reckon they`ll be up there but I wouldn't put them as favorites.

Archived