Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
floppus

Time for a review !

Sufficient time has now passed to be able to apply some precise performance analysis, firstly to the personnel starting yesterdays game and secondly the bench warmers and non-squaddies.

In my humble opinions this is how I'm seeing it at present.

Kasper.... I feel more secure knowing he's in the team. Weale will not often let you down if called upon but has failings.

Pantsil..... Steady and improving . We got a bit spoilt last year with Kyle. Peltier a more than adequate back up and will eventually become first choice.

Konchesky..... The best we have at present (Schlupp is not a left back surely)

Mills..... Uuuummmmhhhh ! UNDECIDED. He has been 'involved' with too many goal against already. Yesterday he charged out of his position marking Harding when Pantsil slipped allowing the cross to come for a free header. His poor header across the goal was the perfect ball for Diddy David to pop in. His misjudgement could have cost us the game. Two late blocks late on redeemed him somewhat.

Sol Bamba. ..... OMG what an entertainer. Hold your breath sometimes !. Wouldn't swop him.

Wellens..... Mr reliable

King...... Talented and until the arrival of the newer mid/f'ers was our most dangerous but now .....

Fernandes and Danns. Both very dynamic. Gelson in paricular the stand out performer so far. Box to box, in your face, good engine..... etc etc. All the cliches were written for this guy. Danns getting better after a slow start.

Vassell..... You get what you get.

Nugent...... Very happy so far hope he gets better quickly.

Of the others ..... Gallagher will feature in almost every game, Lloyd Dyer will not. Abi will make the bench regularly, Waggy and big steve will have to move on (depending on an arrival). St Ledger like Mills needs time to 'gel' with those around him. Also, like Mills, looked good last year but both were in settled defenses. Jeff Schlupp. Will get better and better but his heading skills need to be much better. Oakle will pop up now and again, Ball and Johnson need games but where will they get them?

Bring back TUNCH...... ASAP.

Once we get over the 'when to cover and move out of position issues', we will see a very accomplished football team. This relies on clear role definement and a not keep 'having to change' formations due to injuries or poor form. If you start with one formation in mind then the bench has got to be able to cover that formation (even if Jeff has to go to L/B).

I'm looking forward immenely to the coming weeks.

Archived