Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
molineuxphil

Leicester tour of West Germany 66/67.

From Fossils and Foxes. the results were as follows.

6th August 1966 - Borussia Monchengladbach 0-3 Leicester City (Stringfellow, Roberts and Sinclair)

10th August 1966 - Gottingen 1-4 Leicester City (Stringfellow 2, Sinclair 2)

13th August 1966 - Werder Bremen 1-3 Leicester City (Stringfellow, Roberts and Sinclair)

We also played PSV Eindhoven, where we won 3-1, and Rangers whom we beat 1-0.

So all in all a pretty damned successful pre-season followed by a solid First Division, finishing 8th.

Thinks Bilo for that,

Long shot i know but by chance do you have the Leicester team line-ups fore those games ?.

No, afraid not mate.

Try on eBay for programmes early in the season. They tended to have lineups early doors based on memory of my housemate at uni studying them for his dissertation. You might even be able to get a programme for the Rangers friendly, which will almost certainly have it.

Thanks Bilo.

I have all progs from 65/66 & 66/67 seasons , realy was just wandering if my all time football hero the late Derek Dougan featured in any of those W.G fixtures ( for a book i am hoping to do some time in the future re The Doog) has he was not amungs the goal scorere in any of those games ?.

Archived