Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

Arthur Rowley

Firstly, Richard Edwards is to be congratulated on compiling and writing what is a tremendous and comprehensive article that pays such a wonderful tribute to one of Leicester's greatest legends and as a lifelong City fan who saw Rowley play week after week, in what I still regard as the Goal-den Age of Leicester City Football Club, I feel very priviliged and indeed proud to have been invited by Richard (months ago, in an early morning phone call, out of the blue!) to share my personal memories of Arthur Rowley.

it is of course sad that Arthur is no longer with us but I would like to commend to all Foxes fans, the Heritage afternoon a week on Sunday, 28th April when you will have the opportunity to meet, at the time of writing, six more great legends - Gordon Banks, Davie Gibson, and Mike Stringfellow (You can't have one without the other!!!!), Ritchie Norman, Frank Mclintock (arguably the best Right Half ever to play for Leicester) and Howard (thunderbolt) Riley.

It will be a very memorable occasion!

Archived