Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc will

The Spine

We have a really good spine starting to build in our team. All clubs that get out of the championship have a quality group of players running through the heart of the team and, slowly but surely, we are starting to build that here.

We have Kasper in goal. Enough said.

With Wes at centre back we are good but if we have just one more quality centre half we could really tighten the defence up even more. With a quality left back our defence would be almost perfect. We probably need a faster centre back to sweep behind Morgan though because if he gets beaten then that's it.

In the midfield I think we have something to build on in King and James. If they can both carry on their end of season form into next year we will be challenging, they have the right qualities to suit each other perfectly. King can drive on with those bursting runs he likes to make confident in the knowledge that James will be sweeping up behind him. If we can get some decent wide players or at least just one fast winger we could have something very good indeed in the midfield.

Up front I think we need one more striker. Schlupp could be the man we need but imo at the minute he is not clinical enough in front of goal. We need a goalscorer. If Nugent can start scoring again that's brilliant and if Wood gets back on form even better, but Wood to me towards the end of the season has looked tired, unfitand dare I say uninterested? If in the summer he regains full fitness then he will be the goalscorer but if not we need someone else. We also need slightly more pace up there imo. Like I said, Schlupp could be the man but only if he starts to finish more chances.

Archived