Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
andy_croydz

unsure about connolly coming!

He wont come now. Its not exactly a suprise though with Bassett in charge.

mad biker seems to disagree, he's normally right....fingers crossed!

Weren't we signing Marcus Bent according to him thogh :rolleyes::unsure:

We did sign Marcus Bent....

In August '03!

:lol: :lol:

In August '03!

i think it was sept 03

In August '03!

i think it was sept 03

Let's not get pedantic, innit? ;)

;) mccarthy didnt pick him much , sunderland is a crap place to live .... come to leicester dave

McCarthy did pick him though. He gave him his chance and continued to stick by him.

Of course you realise that he'll be living a 2 up 2 down council house in either Leicester if Sunderland. Y'****ing chump.

I must admit, I wouldn't be too bothered if he signed for leicester. He is a good division one player who is capable of getting the goals. Would probably do the job, if you do get him, good luck, no hard feelings. Like MMc said, he will go out and look for someone else!

What Sunderland is like to live in is completely irrelevent, as their players dont live there! Have you ever been to Durham - bloody lovely place?

I'm not sure if Mick McCarthy is much of a factor either - there's gossip that Conners was on the Keano side of the ROI bust-up at the last world cup, but who really knows.

Who has the better chance of promotion? Probably whoever signs Conners. Both teams have been through a lot of changes in the close season, so it's hard to predict. Sunderland have a successful Div 1 (sorry, Championship) season under the belts already.

Who has the best facilities, probably Sunderland, but not by a huge amount.

I think it will come down to plain old greed - he'll accept the best offer. But we dont know what that is, and both clubs are short of cash to lash around on big contracts. The mackems made a slightly better offer to WH, so maybe "tying things up with West Ham" might involve some pressure to accept their offer.

On the other hand, we were in first, so we have the inside track.

Lastly, and maybe this makes all of the above irrelevant, my best mate's sister is dating one of the ROI squad (cant say who or I'll get crucified :blink: ) and what she's heard is that Conners is not even considering going to Sunderland and, if anything, the only way he wont become a fox is if he stays with WH, which is what he'd prefer to have done (but cant, obviously).

Guest Mick McMackem

Well well what a cliffhanger this ones turning out to be.

Not sure which way it's gonna go, but I would have expected him to sign for LC by now if he was going to.

Harry and Adams are doing a good job in talking it up publicly as it makes DC look a bit of a tw*t if he goes the other way. All this stuff about "tying up loose ends" and "sort things out" at WHam is a stall tactic, Pardew has already confirmed there's nothing stopping him from moving. I think he wants to talk to Mic Mak personally when the lads get back off the US tour next week.

With regards to the location thing I do think that if DC thinks he can comute from Richmond to Leicester on a daily basis it may play a part in his decision making.

Anyway, may the best club win and remember there's always someone else out there if it fails

Good luck for the season.

Good posts from the above two.

It seems to be swinging in our favour, but I'm not confident about the deal at this moment in time. The Ben Thatcher transfer to Man City hardly inspires me with confidence - He had agreed to join Pompey, but then Went to Man City. I Could see that happening with Connolly. <_<

Archived