Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

The central midfield

Think we should have gone 3 central midfielders every away game to be honest. We don't have enough mobility and movement in the middle to play two and compete with class players. If you lose the midfield, chances are you lose the game. Not sure 8f he went 352 or more likely this bizarre 343 formation, that up until Saturday has been totally ineffective, and I think Pullis going so deep and defensive made that formation work, but I really don't think it will win too many games. Who else in the 'world' plays 343?.

James for me first name on team sheet, he just has to do the lion's share of work in midfield, more than anyone else in the team, and gets tired!!

This.

I don't disagree we are better off having 3 in midfield, but to lament James when he is one of two in central midfield is very blinkered.

You you should also be taking account the other '1' - Cambi -despite being a once world class player can't do any running. Jaymo had been single handedly trying to stop three on the defensive side in the CM for most of the season, so of course he's struggled at times.

Some of you 'sages' on here are now claiming King is a better player, as a game changed once, when he came on. Come off it, have you not watched those two over the last two or three seasons. There is a reason King was a bit part part player last season. He wasn't as good as DD or MJ.

The reason why the game changed, as the OP stated, was having more man power in that position - King had 100% more players assisting him in the CM than Jaymo ffs.

Saturday's 2nd half could be a template for the rest of the season, but It's absolutely moronic to claim James is a shit player, considering the role he has been given is my point.

And no, I'm not his Dad!

Archived