Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Scow

Frustration - Will it get better?

OK Scowy I apoligise, I just felt that you're support had wavered a bit since you last called me a tw*t (or whatever - it's remarkable how the abuse blends together)

Excuse me, when have I ever abused you or called you a twat? You're getting me confused with someone else.

Opinions haven't changed Scowy was simply critising leveins choice in personnel this doen't mean his opinion on Levein has changed. Thats why the original post was so good because his objectives were pro craig Leveine but he was not saying the sun shines out of arse and he's the best thing since sliced bread.

Thracian, how can you change your position so quickly? Only a couple of days ago you were telling me he is one of the BEST (your capitalisations, not mine) managers we've ever had. Though now you have changed your tune. I am baffled...

And so he is when he sticks to his declared strategy: full-press attacking football, opportunity for the ex-Academy players, faith in speed and being positive.

But Wolves was a shock (and after all the criticism I thought he'd have learned his lesson) yet there he goes leaving Sheehan (Ex-Academy player) out and losing his attacking potential, he plays two defensive-minded midfielders at home, fails to give youg Hammond sufficient time (despite his recent goal), goes slow and boring with Dion and never gets enough width cos of playing Tiatto instead of Sheehan/Hammill.

This is not the first time he has made inexplicble decisions which cost points but my main slant is NOT that he isn't a good manager (his results at Hearts and his progress here in some ways suggest otherwise) it is just that I believe Leicester should have an attacking strategy and that Levein should implement it.

If he doesn't want to support the words he uttered in the summer (and referred to in my first paragraph) then I question that he is the right man for Leicester.Clear enough now?.

Some fans want results before performance (fair enough if that's their view) but I want us going back to the type of football we played (at our most successful too) in the 60's, the type of football that is lifting Wolves and Luton and has already elevated West Ham back into the top flight.

There is nothing new - this has been my declared philosophy from day one - and I hope Levein takes the challenge on board. If not, it doesn't make him a bad manager, just not the right manager for Leicester. All clear now.

Archived