Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

Squad at Cardiff

Throughout the build-up to tonight's game all I've heard is negatives ....

So and so's unavailable, so and so's injured, so and so will probably be rested.

I'm half surprised City haven't just phoned Cardiff and told em they haven't really got anyone who wants to play, it always rains in Wales anyway so everyone's staying in Leicester and going out for a meal instead.

But having read no announcement to those effects I wonder if anyone knows who HAS gone to Cardiff (with their boots I mean).

What about the Security Men? They looked up for a bit of rumble and tumble on Saturday so perhaps they could play. And if they take those orange jackets with em (after they've mended any holes in em) they should at least be clearly visible on what promises to be a typically grey Welsh night - and that might be a vital advantage.

Have we even got enough for the team and the bench cos if guys like Sheehan, Dodds and probably even Chambers have any sense they'd have feigned a bad cold or something and done a Williams.

Cos for Sheehan it'll be like being the last pilot against a squadron of attackers and for the young strikers (assuming they've travelled) they'll likely get as much creative assistance as an artist in a roomful of blank walls.

Not that the game should be played at all. They should close Wales from Autumn to Spring in my view (most of it looks closed in any case from about 6pm onwards) and let the natives hibernate. I went to Swansea once in winter and it rained so much I replaced the car's four tyres with flippers and drove with a snorkle in my mouth.

There's always the most aggressive rivalry of all between Cardiff and Stoke fans when the two clash, not because of football, but because they can't stop arguing about who gets MOST rain. Birmingham gets all its water from Wales and still they can't drain the place. Stoke, meanwhile has all its proporties built on a slope so the water runs past the front doors instead of forming puddles.

No wonder they took the old steam trains down to South Wales to be scrapped. Nothing to do with having nearby metal workers - the scrap men knew they would rust to bits in no time and therefore same em the cost of expensive cutting equipment.

You travelling fans should remember to take your brollies. In fact take two. One to keep the rain off and the other to cover your eyes if you don't like whatever City dish up as football.

Throughout the build-up to tonight's game all I've heard is negatives ....

So and so's unavailable, so and so's injured, so and so will probably be rested.

I'm half surprised City haven't just phoned Cardiff and told em they haven't really got anyone who wants to play, it always rains in Wales anyway so everyone's staying in Leicester and going out for a meal instead.

But having read no announcement to those effects I wonder if anyone knows who HAS gone to Cardiff (with their boots I mean).

What about the Security Men? They looked up for a bit of rumble and tumble on Saturday so perhaps they could play. And if they take those orange jackets with em (after they've mended any holes in em) they should at least be clearly visible on what promises to be a typically grey Welsh night - and that might be a vital advantage.

Have we even got enough for the team and the bench cos if guys like Sheehan, Dodds and probably even Chambers have any sense they'd have feigned a bad cold or something and done a Williams.

Cos for Sheehan it'll be like being the last pilot against a squadron of attackers and for the young strikers (assuming they've travelled) they'll likely get as much creative assistance as an artist in a roomful of blank walls.

Not that the game should be played at all. They should close Wales from Autumn to Spring in my view (most of it looks closed in any case from about 6pm onwards) and let the natives hibernate. I went to Swansea once in winter and it rained so much I replaced the car's four tyres with flippers and drove with a snorkle in my mouth.

There's always the most aggressive rivalry of all between Cardiff and Stoke fans when the two clash, not because of football, but because they can't stop arguing about who gets MOST rain. Birmingham gets all its water from Wales and still they can't drain the place. Stoke, meanwhile has all its proporties nuilt on a slope so the water runs past the front doors instead of forming puddles.

No wonder they took the old steam trains down to South Wales to be scrapped. Nothing to do with having nearby metal workers - the scrap men knew they would rust to bits in no time and therefore same em the cost of expensive cutting equipment.

You travelling fans should remember to take your brollies. In fact take two. One to keep the rain off and the other to cover your eyes if you don't like whatever City dish up as football.

lol:D Great post!! :thumbup:

Archived