Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Disillusioned

The Dragon's behind You Children!

I must say that I find the stocisim of some City fans pretty hard to take. In fact I sometimes wonder whether they are Trees in disguise.

So let us get a few things straight. The club is in a serious crisis. The odds against relegation are shortening match by match. Not only would such an event shatter our greatest long standing achievement (only playing in the top two divisions since admission to the Footbal League) it may also propel us into ADMINISTRATION again. Except this time there will be no Phoenix - only a fcuking Dodo.

This crisis has been almost wholly of Levein's making. None of it is surprising and none of it is down to bad luck. But it seems there are legions of supporters who want to be taken by this morose, uninspiring, insular spinner of yarns and his leaderless, uncommitted rabble.

Don't they realise that no matter what players we get in the January window it won't make a scrap of difference to our chances of survival under present management? The issue isn't the players. It isn't the average age of the squad. It isn't even tactics.

The issue is CHARACTER. The issue is LEADERSHIP. The issue is MOTIVATION.

Levein is the closest thing that I have seen in football to a consulting actuary (= a compiler of mortality tables for insurance companies) a breed reknowned for their lack of charisma. Levein is undoubtedly a man of high intelligence. But he is not a first team coach.

Hopefully the directors won't baulk at Levein's £600,000 pay off. Hopefully they will opt for a man with a strong connection to the club who will constructively kick ass the moment he sweeps in through the door.

And hopefully the naive, gullible and utterly jejune types who congregate on this site will finally come to their senses and nudge the board in the right direction.

I must say that I find the stocisim of some City fans pretty hard to take. In fact I sometimes wonder whether they are Trees in disguise.

So let us get a few things straight. The club is in a serious crisis. The odds against relegation are shortening match by match. Not only would such an event shatter our greatest long standing achievement (only playing in the top two divisions since admission to the Footbal League) it may also propel us into ADMINISTRATION again. Except this time there will be no Phoenix - only a fcuking Dodo.

This crisis has been almost wholly of Levein's making. None of it is surprising and none of it is down to bad luck. But it seems there are legions of supporters who want to be taken by this morose, uninspiring, insular spinner of yarns and his leaderless, uncommitted rabble.

Don't they realise that no matter what players we get in the January window it won't make a scrap of difference to our chances of survival under present management? The issue isn't the players. It isn't the average age of the squad. It isn't even tactics.

The issue is CHARACTER. The issue is LEADERSHIP. The issue is MOTIVATION.

Levein is the closest thing that I have seen in football to a consulting actuary (= a compiler of mortality tables for insurance companies) a breed reknowned for their lack of charisma. Levein is undoubtedly a man of high intelligence. But he is not a first team coach.

Hopefully the directors won't baulk at Levein's £600,000 pay off. Hopefully they will opt for a man with a strong connection to the club who will constructively kick ass the moment he sweeps in through the door.

And hopefully the naive, gullible and utterly jejune types who congregate on this site will finally come to their senses and nudge the board in the right direction.

Most of us know all this, thanks.

Archived