Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Harpenden Fox

Lack of discipline on the pitch

Picking up on a point mentioned in some other threads, we've had a major problem with discipline at LCFC for some seasons now. We always seems to be top of the foul play leagues (at least we're top of something?) It's costing us in fines we can barely afford, and I think it's symptomatic of a club without strong leadership. Getting booked isn't a sign you're trying hard. It's a sign of lack of discipline and concentration - which are the reasons we concede too many and don't score enough.

Picking up 10 bookings, a la Joey, many of which are for dissent, is just plain stupid. Players need to know that if they get booked for something stupid, like talking back, they'll be fined without any questions asked, with the money from the fines going towards an end of season party for a group of deserving supporters, or say to sponsor free travel for fans to a distant away game.

It's not the answer to everything, but the lack of on field discipline is a clue to the problems at our club. We're leaderless. Now is the time for strong characters on and off the pitch.

Picking up 10 bookings, a la Joey, many of which are for dissent, is just plain stupid. Players need to know that if they get booked for something stupid, like talking back, they'll be fined without any questions asked, with the money from the fines going towards an end of season party for a group of deserving supporters, or say to sponsor free travel for fans to a distant away game.

It's not the answer to everything, but the lack of on field discipline is a clue to the problems at our club. We're leaderless. Now is the time for strong characters on and off the pitch.

Im pretty sure players do get fined for a yellow card. But what kind of financial fine is suitable? Take the mentioned joey, hes what 26/27, played the game for ten years or so, probably a millionaire, yes, a MILLIONAIRE. A £1,000 fine wont make the slightest difference. Hes probably not too bothered that he`ll miss the SW & cardiff games. Lets face it, its not enjoyable :P

A sensible rule could be, that if you get booked (at any club), EVERY SINGLE PLAYER AT THE CLUB pays 10% of their wages, with a maximum of 30% per week, to the fans. Football players are ambassodors of "their" club, and have a responsibility to "their" fans, to play the game fairly.

Now then, whats 30% of (3k average per player?? X 30 players/staff) £27,000 divided by 18,000 fans, thats £1.5k each, YIPPEE!! Hold on, that cant be right? Fock me it is, MORE bookings!! :D if only i was 20 years younger...

It was me who said were leaderless. We havnt had enough leadership for THREE YEARS!! Billy Mckinly and izzet, and thats it. Johanson has leadership qualities at the back, but he doesnt play, and the best leadership quality we have for central midfield, is another defender, maybury.

Apart from them 2, we have loads of nearly leaders, thats why were nearly in the bottom 3. Hume is our leader up front.

I think our current lack of discipline and that we experienced under Adams' final weeks is in part due to frustration among players due to results. If I'm not mistaken at least two of the bookings yesterday were after Palace had scored - Smith and Dublin.

Archived