Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parsons

Too many strikers?

Really like Hume, but last night at the reserves he did about as much running as De vries does!! (Guessing he's a bit peeved with playin in reserves all the time). O grady was excellent up front but was on his own until Hume went off!!

To go against popular opinion I'd start with O grady and Fryatt on Sat, O Grady looked pretty useful in the air too!!

Morris looked suprisingly alive aswell!!! (still not fit yet!!)

If he insists on playing de Vries upfront, I would prefer Hume to Hammond on the right. Although Hammond perhaps has more pace, Hume is more composed on the ball and is generally the better all round player. Hume can also cross the ball when given the chance. Not to forget, he was played on the right wing a number of times at Tranmere to great effect.

From what I've seen of De Vries and from when I've seen Hume play, who likes to drop deeper, if I was you I'd play 4-3-1-2 with Hume just behind Fryatt and De Vries. But its a dodgy formation if the midfield three don't cover a lot of ground.

Looking forward to seeing the reports about Fryatt from you all to see how he does in his first full game.

• 2 weeks later...

Mark De Vries

Elvis Hammond

Ian Hume

Matty Fryatt

Dion Dublin - not sure if he will be playing upfront again though (thats a good thing)

then we have these on the fringes...

Chris O'Grady

Ashley Chambers

Lee Morris

i can see 1 or 2 strikers leaving soon to be honest, probably during the summer, there will be some unhappy strikers due to the fact that there is too much competion for a place

i can see Dublin leaving but who else?

does Lee morris have a chance? or maybe even Chris O'Grady will be off?

Your thoughts??

i just thought that i would bring this back up, i was right!! :rolleyes::D :thumbsup:

so now that leaves us with

Hammond

Hume

Fryatt

O'Grady

Morris

Chambers?

a nice healthy amount of strikers

Archived