Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox4ever

Top Ten

I am not going to air my views on how I feel about CL in this thread but there are a few things that I would like to check.

1. I think I am right in saying that we (LCFC) are one of only ten clubs in all the history of the football leagues not to have gone down further than the old division two (now the Championship),

2 This season sees the last of the parachute payments.

3 Notwithstanding the fact that most of the high earners had already left the payroll, CL still had to cut £5M from the budget for this season (that's with a parachute payment of several millions (not sure how much).

4 According to Tim Davies we still have the fifth highest wage bill in the league.

I would suggest that relegation would be a financial disaster as CL would have to cut the budget still further and most of these players would have to go and be replaced with lower league players on a lot less wages.

(Perhaps it's time to cut some of coaching staff wages as the training doesn’t seem to be working. I wonder what contract they are on and could we get rid without costing the club. They could be replaced with Dion and academy staff.

Without a benefactor (as many of our competitors have) to pitch in financially, we would be solely dependant on income generated by the gate receipts and corporate sales. Gates of fifteen thousand (if you are lucky), reduced income from shirts sales etc, (and who will buy corporate seats for a first division game against Southend), will not be sufficient.

Perhaps someone at the club should sit the players down and point out that thisi is the reality of their lack of commitment to the cause. Never mind watching vids of how well they played (according to CL that is).

I hate to think where we are going if this bunch of players continue to rely on the manager for inspiration (because there will be none) and don’t roll their collective sleeves up and get on with the job they are paid to do.

If we still have a high wage budget and if we go down we will probably get even more reduced gates then we might be in finacial trouble again. Therefore its important that we stay up, we need to get a new manager as i think that this is the best chance that we will be able to stay up.

I am not going to air my views on how I feel about CL in this thread but there are a few things that I would like to check.

1. I think I am right in saying that we (LCFC) are one of only ten clubs in all the history of the football leagues not to have gone down further than the old division two (now the Championship),

2 This season sees the last of the parachute payments.

3 Notwithstanding the fact that most of the high earners had already left the payroll, CL still had to cut £5M from the budget for this season (that's with a parachute payment of several millions (not sure how much).

4 According to Tim Davies we still have the fifth highest wage bill in the league.

I would suggest that relegation would be a financial disaster as CL would have to cut the budget still further and most of these players would have to go and be replaced with lower league players on a lot less wages.

(Perhaps it's time to cut some of coaching staff wages as the training doesn’t seem to be working. I wonder what contract they are on and could we get rid without costing the club. They could be replaced with Dion and academy staff.

Without a benefactor (as many of our competitors have) to pitch in financially, we would be solely dependant on income generated by the gate receipts and corporate sales. Gates of fifteen thousand (if you are lucky), reduced income from shirts sales etc, (and who will buy corporate seats for a first division game against Southend), will not be sufficient.

Perhaps someone at the club should sit the players down and point out that thisi is the reality of their lack of commitment to the cause. Never mind watching vids of how well they played (according to CL that is).

I hate to think where we are going if this bunch of players continue to rely on the manager for inspiration (because there will be none) and don’t roll their collective sleeves up and get on with the job they are paid to do.

Correct on all accounts gloomy aint it

That is partly correct. City have never played outside of the Championship (Div 2) as it stands now. Fosse played in the Midland League or below for the first few years of existance. They were elected to what is now The Championship in 1894 and would have dropped out of it several times if not for being re-elected (things were different then...). We've not played outside the top two divisions since 1894, 112 years ago, (apart from during both wars of course) but we have finished low enough to have done so several times if it wasn't for re-election. There wasn't actually a Division 3 (League One) until about 1920, and not in its current format until 1958.

Archived