Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

Nice to be on top of the job

From Sporting Life.com

Ethelred the Unready...........................

Leicester City caretaker manager Rob Kelly has resigned himself to the transfer window closing without any additions being made to be beleaguered squad.

Kelly watched his side exit the FA Cup against Southampton at the Walkers Stadium on Saturday, when Kenwyne Jones scored the only goal of the game in second-half injury time after capitalising on a defensive blunder by Patrik Gerrbrand.

Leicester currently lie third bottom in the Championship with Kelly appointed caretaker manager on a match-by-match basis after the midweek sacking of Craig Levein.

And Kelly said: "Events have happened so quickly over the last few days I haven't had a chance to step back and think in terms of transfers.

"Craig was the manager on Wednesday morning but by Wednesday night he'd gone.

"I was in charge by Thursday and concentrating on preparing the team for the cup game against Southampton and now we're going into what is a very important league game for us at Queens Park Rangers on Tuesday night.

"I can't see there being anyone new coming in before the window closes and I don't expect anyone to be leaving either, unless the board tell me different.

"We can always bring in players on loan after the window closes anyway but I believe we have the players here who can get us out of trouble.

"Gareth Williams and Danny Tiatto weren't fit for the Southampton game and Matty Fryatt was cup-tied but if we have a fully fit squad available, I believe we can pull clear."

Archived