Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
newms

On the topic of our best players and Heskey

This in response to the people who feel we have players that are assets and should attract premiership attention.

i don't agree with you atall. i'm a season ticket holder. I feel we have a number of inexperienced players who could be very good but if you worry that they will be taken away from us this summer then I think you have nothing to worry about. This is the evidence:

McCarthy - Played well at times but still marks the attacker too close and gives away too many free kicks, yellow cards and red cards

Stearman - Fast, young and effective. The Plymouth game would have shown any Premiership manager that he is not ready by his silly mistakes, his headers back to Henderson were in a word rubbish.

Fryatt - 5 Goals in 17 Championship games....do you really think that would have attracted any premiership club to him any more than after his season at Wallsall, I think not. He has great potential but not enough for a premiership club to gamble on him

Hume - my personal favourite....has been a revleation since Levien left. but is arguably far too small for the Premiership and no club will come in for him without a seasons evidence first

Which leaves only kisnorbo who has played 10 games at Centre Back and is unproven. I personally doubt Birmaingham will come for him for him as they are relegated. I'm glad as i think he will be amazing next season

Which leaves us with no assets whatsoever....no players to lose

after thracian said that he thought Heskey would be better as a centre back than a striker i have to question his or hers jornalistic integrity

Seriously the guys been terrible as a striker let alone a defender for Brum.

but hes not the only one. Steve Bruce has beeen at fault this season and i dont think Heskey is to blame atall.

Heskey's lost all his confidence....he is a good forward but he can not handle the pressure at Birmingham City.

Anyone who thinks he will be back at City can think again cos he is worth atleast £2-4million for Birmingham.

The guy can hold the ball up with the best of them in the Premiership.....hes always been shit at putting the ball in the net and i can only think that thracian missed that when he was at Leicester

Centre Back my arse. In my opinion you have made your self look an idiot...Thracian

And for the people that think we will lose players in the summer because bigger clubs are after them... let me spell out some home truths.......we won't

I've got no idea why Emile Heskey's name has even cropped up in discussion. I'm sure he'll have clauses in his contract that will 1. initiate a pay cut on relegation, and 2. allow him to speak to other clubs as well.

If he even entertained the idea of coming back to Leicester, I'd be worried that he was verging on some sort of mental breakdown and probably not want to sign him anyway. He's got 40-odd England caps, and is still in his twenties. If he has an ounce of spine he'll be either looking to get back into the Prem asap and kick-start his career with another club, or at least put in some hard work for the Brum fans (as Muzzy did with us in 02-03) and get them promoted straight away, scoring 25-odd in the process and getting his confidence back.

Archived