Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Cobbo

Wayne 'going through a dry patch' (© Kayteh) Rooneh

Yes, The Sun..

No stopping England now

By ANDREW DILLON

WAYNE ROONEY sparked massive celebrations by revealing he could be fit for England’s OPENING World Cup game.

Former national boss Graham Taylor spoke for whole country when he said: “This is fantastic news.

“Everyone knows what a key player Wayne is.

“Even to have him sitting on the bench against Paraguay would certainly have a galvanising effect on the rest of the squad and for Sven Goran Eriksson.

“Hopefully everyone will now have a smile on their face and we can look forward to having a great World Cup with Englishmen everywhere in a much more positive frame of mind.

“Of course a squad doesn’t always revolve around one player but we all know what a special talent Wayne Rooney is and to have that talent at our disposal is simply fantastic.â€Â

England legend Jimmy Greaves said: “Everyone may be surprised but I’m not. I always thought Wayne would be fit and ready to lead us in Germany.

“People were getting really worried, writing off our World Cup chances before a ball had even been kicked. But I just knew in my heart of hearts he’d be okay.

“Everything is coming right for England just at the right time.

“We have three weeks to go and if there are any lingering doubts, they will be blown out of the water when we take on Paraguay on June 10.

Rooney will be fit then, Murdoch says so.

Archived