Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jonesy_rules

Goodnight 1 and all

If a manager goes to one of your workmates and complains about you, is this unprofessional? and can you do something about it?

39778[/snapback]

It's very unprofessional, but I think you'll only be able to do anything if he says something slanderous about you.

You can put in a complaint at a higher level, but you will need to be able to prove that your manager has been doing this.

To be honest, supermarket managers treat part time workers, especially student part time workers, like the lowest of the low.

If I was you I'd either look for another job, or keep your head down and get on with the one you've got. I would also keep a record of any incidents you deem to be unfair, and report your concerns to the HR people, as you could use it for constructive dismissal if you feel forced into leaving.

cheers for the advice Lisa, already am looking for a job, rang up for one yest, but no answer, so gonna ring again in an hour or so!

AS for the log thing that's a good idea, but over the last 6months been a couple of incidents not logged down!

He think he's the big man, but he's not! Picks on me due to knowing my auntie!

cheers for the advice Lisa, already am looking for a job, rang up for one yest, but no answer, so gonna ring again in an hour or so!

AS for the log thing that's a good idea, but over the last 6months been a couple of incidents not logged down!

He think he's the big man, but he's not! Picks on me due to knowing my auntie!

40194[/snapback]

Log them anyway.

If you can get statements from colleagues, better. But you will need to let your HR dept know, as I understand it although I could be wrong.

Archived