Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Alexikokopops

Anyone seen the new "Blade" film...

Anyone seen Blade: Trinity, or whatever it's called?

I haven't, since I haven't seen any other Blade films, but apparantly it goes one step further from "I, Robot"s 10 minute plugging session it has near the beginning, and spends the majority of the film trying to convince people to go out and buy Apple products, like iPods and Powerbook things.

Here's what my mate had to say about it, which kinda explains it better than me, since he's seen it and I haven't.

I have decided that I definitely want a new apple imac. Oh, and a brand spanking new apple powerbook... Oh, what the hell... Why not go for another apple 3G ipod?

Reasons: Blade: Trinity should be renamed "Blade 3: iBlade"... It's essentially a 2 hour long apple advert. Basically, every single computer in it is a mac. They put the G5's towers conveniently on top of the desks in the hideout, right next to the monitors, with the apple logo being the most prominent thing in the whole room...

And then there's the "ipod incidents"... Abigail, the lead female character, "likes to listen to MP3's whilst hunting [for vampires]" (Actual line)... So the first time we find out about this, we see her. Sat on the back seat of a car. Playing about on an apple powerbook. On iTunes. The script goes as follows:

Blade: What's she doing?

King: Making playlists. She loves listening to MP3's when she hunts.

(Camera cuts to Abi playing about with itunes with the heading "ABI'S IPOD" at the top, with the ipod clearly attached via firewire... Clicking on random songs to drag onto the ipod)

Then she disconnects the ipod, plays with it for a good 10 seconds (whilst the camera concentrates on it, focusing on the scrollwheel), then gets the white headphones, and puts them in her ears...

You'd think that'd be enough product placement... Oh no...

Then when the big fight scene at the end comes up, her and Blade are tooling up, she gets her white headphones, then in slo-mo puts them in her ear, gets on a motorbike and squeals off... And then later on when they're in the building, a section of the slow motion "gearing up" sequence is dedicated to her single white headphone dangling by her side, then she picks it up and puts it in her ear, really slowly, then proceeds to kick the shit out of a load of vampires... With the headphones in clear view, and of course, the white wires dangling... And believe it or not, they stay in her ears perfectly! Despite doing cartwheels and flips all over the shop... (They don't stay in your ears when you so much as jog normally)

I think the makers of the film are trying to say: "Buy all of apple's current range or you'll be attacked by hoardes of vampires on your way home, and make sure you listen to your ipod when you fight, because despite the fact you won't be able to hear anything sneaking up on you, you'll still kill everything in the building..."

Blatent product placement in films irritates me.

By blatent I mean like in "I, Robot", or by the sounds of it, "Blade: Trinity".

In Wayne's World it's ok though, HA!!

Archived