Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Daniel

Formatting C Drive

Cant u just go into bios when the laptop first switches on by pressing F2 or whatever key it says to enter setup. Then select the first boot device to be the cd-rom then save the settings and it should reboot. Insert the windows cs or what ever OS ya putting on and it will then give u the option to install windows and format the C:.

Should be everything u need there mate.

When i enter the setup though, it asks for a password and i dont remember ever having a password only to log onto my user account and that password dont work.

Any ideas?

When i enter the setup though, it asks for a password and i dont remember ever having a password only to log onto my user account and that password dont work.

Any ideas?

46422[/snapback]

Ur abit stuck if you cant remember the password to bios, ur sure you havent set one before or maybe a person had the laptop before you and set it. The only way around it is to flash the bios but wouldnt reccommend that if ya cant remember the password.

If you made a recovery disk from a previous edition of Windows (98, 98se or even ME i think) insert the disk when you start up, it should give you an option to go into DOS. Then format it from there.

Archived