Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in a Box

Injury Tonic

Rob Kelly has received some positive news on the injury front ahead of Saturday's Championship clash against Queen's Park Rangers at Loftus Road.

The Foxes boss was without EIGHT first team regulars for his side's Carling Cup third round clash against Aston Villa in midweek.

But as the weekend approaches it looks as though Kelly will have the services of a at least one extra player at his disposal for the QPR match.

He said: "We have still got a few players who are struggling, but we have also got one or two coming back, which is pleasing.

"Darren Kenton has been out on the training pitches today and is available.

"Paddy McCarthy has trained with a mask, but it might be a big ask for him to play on Saturday. We will have to wait and see."

Meanwhile, Matty Fryatt was also back on the training pitches today, although it is thought that Saturday's game may come to soon for him following a month long absence with and ankle injury.

Kelly added: "It was good to see Matty back out there again and we are hopeful that he isn't too far away."

But despite the good news, Kelly still looks set to go into the game with a number of players unavailable.

He said: "There is a list of players who are out, but I think it is important that we talk about the players that are available because they have done particularly well.

"We work hard here, but we try and work smart as well because of the size of the squad that we have got.

"We plan our work, our practices, our training, our rest and our recovery. But there has been nothing we could have done about the injuries that we have got."

http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/...~918123,00.html

HaHa

That's not much of a tonic - in comes Kenton.

One down, seven more to go. :P

If we've not lost any more vital players after Tuesday's footballing marathon, we should be alright - we could field roughly the same team. I wouldn't say no to that.

I hope the list of players who are still out includes Hughes and Johnson, though. :thumbup:

well obvisouly bar sylla due to gettin injured why not keep the team the same as it was on tues for sat, although i dont want maybury to play

Sylla probably just suffered from cramp (have you ever seen the guy play that much football in one go? :P)

It'd be quite a serious cramp to keep him out on Saturday. He might not be able to play a full match, but if he can keep the dreaded Low out for 45 minutes or so, that'll do for now. :thumbup:

Hope Welsh's substitution was down to a lack of match fitness and not an injury. We need him to play on the left. :ph34r:

Tiatto wasn't in great shape neither. :P

Suprise suprise :whistle:

If we can go pretty much how we went on Tuesday and give a similar performance, I'll be dead impressed and very happy 'cos we'll win. Seems as though a few lads are getting back to training as well now, so we're on the road to recovery and making forward tracks :P

well obvisouly bar sylla due to gettin injured why not keep the team the same as it was on tues for sat, although i dont want maybury to play

give him another chance....a lot of players in the team are coming back from reserves with points to prove

as far as i heard from the game...he did alright ddnt he....plus playing him and advertising his ahem skills will convince some other club to come in for him...because rightly so there are better players in the team..

At this point i feel but he deserves another chance...and he should grasp at it real hard

Archived