Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Scow

Williams.......

Guest i_godzuki

I think this rumour comes from something Kinnear said. He said that Forest offered to triple his wage and that Leicester tripled that.

His old contract, which dated back to him turning pro, is said to have been 2k per week so if you triple that you get 6k, which sounds about right for Forest's pay scale. Triple it again and you get 18k. Of course, that could include a promotion bonus etc. for all anyone knows.

It'll be interested to see how he does. He's certainly talented, but never really showed until Kinnear took over at Forest. As a Forest fan, I think we'll miss him but the only worry for you guys is that now he's got his fat contract, he might start coasting again.

I think this rumour comes from something Kinnear said. He said that Forest offered to triple his wage and that Leicester tripled that.

His old contract, which dated back to him turning pro,  is said to have been 2k per week so if you triple that you get 6k, which sounds about right for Forest's pay scale. Triple it again and you get 18k. Of course, that could include a promotion bonus etc. for all anyone knows.

It'll be interested to see how he does. He's certainly talented, but never really showed until Kinnear took over at Forest.  As a Forest fan, I think we'll miss him but  the only worry for you guys is that now he's got his fat contract, he might  start coasting again.

Fat JK says alot of things, and most of it's bullshit. There is no way Williams would be on 18k a week with us. We're trying to reduce the wage bill, not get back in to the position we were 2 years ago......

No more than 10k.

His old contract, which dated back to him turning pro,  is said to have been 2k per week so if you triple that you get 6k, which sounds about right for Forest's pay scale. Triple it again and you get 18k. Of course, that could include a promotion bonus etc. for all anyone knows.

It'll be interested to see how he does. He's certainly talented, but never really showed until Kinnear took over at Forest.  As a Forest fan, I think we'll miss him but  the only worry for you guys is that now he's got his fat contract, he might  start coasting again.

just like jk said he'll accept nothing less then 5 miliion for williams? and 17 million for reid? B)

Honestly don't know what he is on (although we have agreed with the club that actual wages will not be broadcast if we do obtain the information).

However the new contracts are incentive based - so players don't get an appearance fee but do get a bonus for playing in a draw or win. Further bonus payments for promotion etc.

Therefore we would suspect that the numbers being banded around are based on Williams qualifying for every bonus going which is somewhat different to a basic wage per week.

Guest i_godzuki
Honestly don't know what he is on (although we have agreed with the club that actual wages will not be broadcast if we do obtain the information).

However the new contracts are incentive based - so players don't get an appearance fee but do get a bonus for playing in a draw or win. Further bonus payments for promotion etc.

Therefore we would suspect that the numbers being banded around are based on Williams qualifying for every bonus going which is somewhat different to a basic wage per week.

This is what I meant when I said we don't know about bonuses. Obviously you have to take what JK says with a large pinch of salt, but what is pretty obvious is that Leicester are paying Williams a lot more than Forest were prepared to. Of course, a big reason for that will be your parachute payment and, presumably, less debt.

By the way, do you know what Leicester's debt is? I think Forest's is about 18m but Derby's more and Leeds' is just plain daft.

Archived