Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

LCFC Dreams

Is it just me?

Last night for some bizarre reason we were playing Palermo in the second leg of a UEFA Cup tie at the Walkers. I was dead centre of the Kop, a few rows back but next to the gangway. We'd drawn the first leg 1-1 somehow but were playing poorly in the first half.

Then as the players came out for the second half there were two unfamiliar faces. One looked like Momo Sylla but lankier, if that's possible, and the other was Leo Sayer (he'd been on E4's 100 Funniest Moments last night being carried by a contestant on a treadmill while he sang When I Need You on Vic & Bob's Saturday night BBC1 show). The PA bloke announced that the former was called Danny Bare (as in Dani Behr...) and the latter's name was Nick Griffin (as in the leader of the BNP) and they were both 15-year-olds from our Academy. He was getting extremely excited about Bare in particular as if he was the next Theo Walcott, so the crowd was getting whipped up into a frenzy. Some bizarre tactical switches ensued - Williams went to left-back, Tiatto at centre-back, Griffin came into central midfield and Bare played on the right wing.

We're attacking the Kop goal. At one point Paddy McCarthy went on a jinking run down the left wing and pulled it back for Griffin (Leo Sayer) to shoot just over the bar. For some reason I took it upon myself to run onto the pitch and ask him whether it had taken a deflection for a corner. He looked at me as if I was a weirdo so I ran back to the stands and took my place again. Then the ball went down the right hand side and Danny Bare and Tiatto were scrapping for it with the Palermo left-back. The Palermo left-back then kicked Tiatto with such force that Tiatto's foot fell off. His leg was snapped at the shin and his whole foot was lying on the ground a few yards away from him. The referee (who was a woman) eventually called for the medical staff to come on, but before they could treat him he'd got up and sprinted off - I say sprinted, he was hopping but at a normal sprinting pace, I spent the next five minutes examining closely how on earth he was managing it.

Then we scored. Logan took a huge goal kick, it bounced in front of the Palermo keeper and went right over him and into the net (exactly like Lonergan's goal for Preston against Pressman). The crowd, understandably, goes utterly mental. Me and my mate run onto the pitch and up the sideline to celebrate with all the City players who have congregated with Logan in front of L1. However, instead of celebrating with a player, I start celebrating with the referee who looks at me as if to say "I understand, you're very excited". We then manage to run back to our seats again. We're 2-1 up on aggregate. Then Logan clears a loose ball and it goes straight in again. At this point a woman in the crowd raises a flag and shouts offside. The whole crowd goes mad at her. Then the linesman raises his flag and it's actually given offside.

Then I woke up.

Is it just me?

Last night for some bizarre reason we were playing Palermo in the second leg of a UEFA Cup tie at the Walkers. I was dead centre of the Kop, a few rows back but next to the gangway. We'd drawn the first leg 1-1 somehow but were playing poorly in the first half.

Then as the players came out for the second half there were two unfamiliar faces. One looked like Momo Sylla but lankier, if that's possible, and the other was Leo Sayer (he'd been on E4's 100 Funniest Moments last night being carried by a contestant on a treadmill while he sang When I Need You on Vic & Bob's Saturday night BBC1 show). The PA bloke announced that the former was called Danny Bare (as in Dani Behr...) and the latter's name was Nick Griffin (as in the leader of the BNP) and they were both 15-year-olds from our Academy. He was getting extremely excited about Bare in particular as if he was the next Theo Walcott, so the crowd was getting whipped up into a frenzy. Some bizarre tactical switches ensued - Williams went to left-back, Tiatto at centre-back, Griffin came into central midfield and Bare played on the right wing.

We're attacking the Kop goal. At one point Paddy McCarthy went on a jinking run down the left wing and pulled it back for Griffin (Leo Sayer) to shoot just over the bar. For some reason I took it upon myself to run onto the pitch and ask him whether it had taken a deflection for a corner. He looked at me as if I was a weirdo so I ran back to the stands and took my place again. Then the ball went down the right hand side and Danny Bare and Tiatto were scrapping for it with the Palermo left-back. The Palermo left-back then kicked Tiatto with such force that Tiatto's foot fell off. His leg was snapped at the shin and his whole foot was lying on the ground a few yards away from him. The referee (who was a woman) eventually called for the medical staff to come on, but before they could treat him he'd got up and sprinted off - I say sprinted, he was hopping but at a normal sprinting pace, I spent the next five minutes examining closely how on earth he was managing it.

Then we scored. Logan took a huge goal kick, it bounced in front of the Palermo keeper and went right over him and into the net (exactly like Lonergan's goal for Preston against Pressman). The crowd, understandably, goes utterly mental. Me and my mate run onto the pitch and up the sideline to celebrate with all the City players who have congregated with Logan in front of L1. However, instead of celebrating with a player, I start celebrating with the referee who looks at me as if to say "I understand, you're very excited". We then manage to run back to our seats again. We're 2-1 up on aggregate. Then Logan clears a loose ball and it goes straight in again. At this point a woman in the crowd raises a flag and shouts offside. The whole crowd goes mad at her. Then the linesman raises his flag and it's actually given offside.

Then I woke up.

All i can say is thank fook you woke up I couldn't take anymore, the neighbours have just complained to the police about me running naked up and down the street when Logan scored - Or am I dreaming all this?

Archived