Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jonesy_rules

Interview today

Hiya people, hope that you've all had a good day!

I had the joy of spending it in the lovely place of Birmingham, 20min taxi ride from the centre!

As i posted before i had a university interview today for English Teaching at Key-Stage 2/3 (7-14yrs)!

It wasn't to bad, arrived at 9:45am, 15minutes early, people were already there!

Got given a talk of the days procedings at 10am, followed by a 45minute numeracy and literacy test (gcse standard). These were then followed by tour of the campus including halls (very small rooms 1 bed, small desk, warddrobe- unlike Sheff Hallam, Bed, cupboard warddrobe, sink, fridge-freezer + room for desk)

Tours followed by lunch, followed by finance talk, followed by the interview, which was an interview / formal chat, was complemented on some answers, which i was proud of :smile:

The day was then topped off by a taxi ride to New St station with a Brum Fan, who hates Savage after all this rigmarole. Followed by train journey back to LCFC next to a city fan :rolleyes:

All in all an eye-opener, an enjoyable day!

Now i have to wait upto 2weeks for either a conditional offer or rejection :S

The down side however is this was my 1st choice and is now likely to be my insurance choice (if accepted) due to the place feeling to much like my current school, and it seeming more of a school environment than a Uni one! :S

Thanks everyone for the advice beforehand

Scarborough is like a collage/school as well mate.

I can see why you can see the downside i was a little dissappointed to!

BUT and this is the biggy you make more friends, and everyone gets along.

You will be surprised you are expecting a massive jump from A Levels to Degree level but really it may not seem like it now but instead of climbing that ladder you are sliding down a snake

I see, well when i arrived home, i checked all the letters i'd got from Uni's, an i've decided that i'm going to look round APU (in cambridge) soon, and i've also email Essex Uni for Open day dates, as for Scarborough, because of the courses they offer, i've had to apply (and been excepted) for Educational Studies with English, which means to teach i'd have to do a fourth year as a PGCE student for teaching, i'm not overally sure if i'm keen on the idea :S will give it alot of thought!

Scarborough could you post some info about the uni / dorms please!

Cheers! :thumbup:

o i forgot to mention in my 1st post tonight, that the Villa Vs Brum games are very big at the uni, and as they have a large Irish population there, so is St Patricks day, which can last for days :D

along with this, they have a male football team, which because of the uni size is easy-ish to get into!

Amyone else play for a Uni team?

I see, well when i arrived home, i checked all the letters i'd got from Uni's, an i've decided that i'm going to look round APU (in cambridge) soon, and i've also email Essex Uni for Open day dates, as for Scarborough, because of the courses they offer, i've had to apply (and been excepted) for Educational Studies with English, which means to teach i'd have to do a fourth year as a PGCE student for teaching, i'm not overally sure if i'm keen on the idea :S will give it alot of thought!

o i forgot to mention in my 1st post tonight, that the Villa Vs Brum games are very big at the uni, and as they have a large Irish population there, so is St Patricks day, which can last for days :D

along with this, they have a male football team, which because of the uni size is easy-ish to get into!

56518[/snapback]

Sure whats you email Pm it to me if you like

Again the Scarby uni team is easy to get into..and they links with the scarborough team as well (i think)

56518[/snapback]

Sure whats you email Pm it to me if you like

Again the Scarby uni team is easy to get into..and they links with the scarborough team as well (i think)

56519[/snapback]

Glad it went ok for you Jonesy :thumbup: hope my words of wisdom helped slightly. Birmingham is a wicked city though - great for going out AND it has the Birmingham eye! B)

Katy i can see that it's good for going out but a £9 taxi journey which lasts 20mins is bit shocking,espically for a cheap night out!

yea ur words did help! thanks!

56622[/snapback]

There is that problem yes :mad:

Guest Daniel
As i posted before i had a university interview today for English Teaching at Key-Stage 2/3 (7-14yrs)!

56516[/snapback]

Wouldn't they know better english skills than 'u' though?

Guest Daniel
hahahaha now that's funny!

As it's been mentioned before either on here or on the OS, some of us don't try and type in correct R.P / S.E, due to it being quicker to type in text speech, which i may inform u is a form of ENGLISH!

56938[/snapback]

Text speak is english?

Try putting 'u r a gr8 m8' or something like that in your exams... :rolleyes:

Archived