Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Geo V

Leicester City first team squad

Again, as I hunt for a sense of perspective on our average squad, Ive had a little think and have tried to work out that if we had to sell all our players today, where would they go and what would we get for them? The reason why I have started this thread is because I cant work out how poor this squad is and already this season, with the exception of Williams who went on the cheap to Watford, other players we have sold have ended up in lower standard football, proving that they arent much cop. Also the seemingly lack of bids for our players is another sign they arent all that. BTW Ive included loan players and any deals already done or the knowledge that Nissa can go on a free in the summer. Im giving them all values based on age and ability. Anyway.....

NAME............SELL TO.........VALUE........

Robert Douglas- Gretna - £20k

Alan Maybury- Hull - £125k

Patrick Kisnorbo- Reading- £700k

Darren Kenton- Luton - £40k

Patrick McCarthy- Norwich - £150k

Stephen Hughes- Inverness - £50k

Iain Hume- Stoke - £400k

Mark Yeates- Hull - £100k

Mark De Vries - Excelsior - Free Transfer

Geoff Horsfield - Ipswich - Free Transfer

Andy Johnson - Plymouth - £50k

Danny Tiatto - Burnley - £50k

Matt Fryatt - Cardiff City - £400k

Paul Henderson - Sheff Weds - £100k

Gareth McAuley - Newcastle - £400k

Nils-Eric Johansson - Crystal Palace - £200k

Shaun Newton - Leeds - £150k

Richard Stearman - Sunderland - £300k

Elvis Hammond - Cheltenham - £20k

James Wesolowski - Swansea - £50k

Alan Sheehan - Carlisle - £20k

Jason Jarrett - Tranmere - £100k

Conrad Logan - Sunderland - £150k

Louis Dodds - Rochdale - Free Transfer

Levi Porter - Birmingham - £400k

Max Gradel - Blackpool - Free Transfer

Scott Lycett - Darlington - Free Transfer

Eric Odhiambo - Northampton - £10k

My findings are (PMSL Im now Lord Stevens) that the majority of our squad are either suited for a lower league Championship side or Division One and Two sides. That is why we are shite! To compete in the top half of the table we need major investment in the first team and a squad overhaul.

What do you think our mob are worth and where would they go next if sold today???

Again, as I hunt for a sense of perspective on our average squad, Ive had a little think and have tried to work out that if we had to sell all our players today, where would they go and what would we get for them? The reason why I have started this thread is because I cant work out how poor this squad is and already this season, with the exception of Williams who went on the cheap to Watford, other players we have sold have ended up in lower standard football, proving that they arent much cop. Also the seemingly lack of bids for our players is another sign they arent all that. BTW Ive included loan players and any deals already done or the knowledge that Nissa can go on a free in the summer. Im giving them all values based on age and ability. Anyway.....

NAME............SELL TO.........VALUE........

Robert Douglas- Gretna - £20k

Alan Maybury- Hull - £125k

Patrick Kisnorbo- Reading- £700k

Darren Kenton- Luton - £40k

Patrick McCarthy- Norwich - £150k

Stephen Hughes- Inverness - £50k

Iain Hume- Stoke - £400k

Mark Yeates- Hull - £100k

Mark De Vries - Excelsior - Free Transfer

Geoff Horsfield - Ipswich - Free Transfer

Andy Johnson - Plymouth - £50k

Danny Tiatto - Burnley - £50k

Matt Fryatt - Cardiff City - £400k

Paul Henderson - Sheff Weds - £100k

Gareth McAuley - Newcastle - £400k

Nils-Eric Johansson - Crystal Palace - £200k

Shaun Newton - Leeds - £150k

Richard Stearman - Sunderland - £300k

Elvis Hammond - Cheltenham - £20k

James Wesolowski - Swansea - £50k

Alan Sheehan - Carlisle - £20k

Jason Jarrett - Tranmere - £100k

Conrad Logan - Sunderland - £150k

Louis Dodds - Rochdale - Free Transfer

Levi Porter - Birmingham - £400k

Max Gradel - Blackpool - Free Transfer

Scott Lycett - Darlington - Free Transfer

Eric Odhiambo - Northampton - £10k

My findings are (PMSL Im now Lord Stevens) that the majority of our squad are either suited for a lower league Championship side or Division One and Two sides. That is why we are shite! To compete in the top half of the table we need major investment in the first team and a squad overhaul.

What do you think our mob are worth and where would they go next if sold today???

I'm just glad you don't buy and sell for me. :whistle::D

Just for example if you had to sell today how the hell would you equate free-scoring Hume with his 100% commitment to every match and his 12 goals for the season (with no support) to a returning from injury Fryatt who's score 2 League goals all season, has rarely been fit and hasn't generally played well when he has been on the part, let alone for 90 minutes.

Imagine what Hume might do in a real team? And he's played virtually every game.

If I could get a Hume for £400,000 I'd have a dozen thanks. Any manager would give £1m+ for his qualities and Fryatt would barely have a rating at the present time except for gamblers.

I think you have overpriced Horsefield and we will have to pay someone to take De Vries off our hands. I also think some of these would struggle to get in to Camberwick Green WMC Sunday XI.

Archived