Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Micky Ruddle

Rab Douglas

I don't thing RD is on anything like 15k a week. I remember reading an interview with CL not lomg after he joined where he said that the reason he signed so many players from Scotland was that they were all on a lot less than you might think, and he could tempt them down south by offering them a huge pay rise increasing their wages to 3-4k a week. Given that he was forced to reduce the wage bill from 11 to 6 million and there were still a few high earners floating about it seems very unlikely he would have offered 15k to a single player, he simply didn't have that kind of money.There may well have been players on those sorts of salaries from before CL took over, but the days of silly money salaries were over by the time CL was goven the purse strings. CL did a lot of things wrong, but splashing silly money about with abandon wasn't one of them. I'd guess RD is on 4-5 k a week.

Simon

Archived