Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Micky Ruddle

Rab Douglas

£15k's a figure thats been going round for a while, but if that was his wage when he actually played then yes, i expect he'd still be on that until the end of his contract frankly.

I thought it was about £5k? I would say that a club that could only sign free transfers and £40k players under CL wouldnt be in a position to throw £750k a season on one player. No chance!

anyhow, he's not played a competitive game for two seasons now, and to be fair, some bloke who will take the managers post, should see sense and kick that donkey out.

anyhow, he's not played a competitive game for two seasons now, and to be fair, some bloke who will take the managers post, should see sense and kick that donkey out.

well he was warming up yesterday and we havn't heard any news that he has left

Well the fact that he hasn't is not entirely his fault, admittedly he's crap.

As for seeing sense and kicking him out, when are people going to get the message you can't just kick players, on a contract out without paying up their contract or at least coming to some amicable agreement. Why should he accept less than his contract, he owes LCFC FA. In addition to paying him up in full you then need to get in a replacement who will need to be better and could therefore cost you more, all to be a third choice/emergency goalkeeper.

Having got him on our books the sensible thing, unless he's willing ot accept less than his due is to keep him around for emergencies. What is stupid is not having a reserve to team to keep him and other players fit.

As for seeing sense and kicking him out, when are people going to get the message you can't just kick players, on a contract out without paying up their contract or at least coming to some amicable agreement. Why should he accept less than his contract, he owes LCFC FA. In addition to paying him up in full you then need to get in a replacement who will need to be better and could therefore cost you more, all to be a third choice/emergency goalkeeper.

Having got him on our books the sensible thing, unless he's willing ot accept less than his due is to keep him around for emergencies. What is stupid is not having a reserve to team to keep him and other players fit.

What is worse is the lack of any other stupid managers to take him from us.

A woman who works at my college knows Rab Douglas because he drops his kids off at the same nursery or primary school as her kids go to and she said that he'd like to get a move so he can play some football. The money is obviously nice but ultimately he'll want to be playing games because once he retires he can sit on his arse for the rest of his life. At this stage of his career he wants to be playing as much as possible.

A woman who works at my college knows Rab Douglas because he drops his kids off at the same nursery or primary school as her kids go to and she said that he'd like to get a move so he can play some football. The money is obviously nice but ultimately he'll want to be playing games because once he retires he can sit on his arse for the rest of his life. At this stage of his career he wants to be playing as much as possible.

But what club will want him that can afford his wages? :dunno:

If he is on 15k then that's just ridiculous. S**te players earning 15, 20, 25 grand a week makes me far more irate than Ronaldo getting £100k, at least it could start to be justified that he earns his money.

Thats fair enough, although there are many players out there who will quite happily take a pay cut to keep playing football and Rab has suprised me in particular, especially as it wasnt long ago that he was held in high regard as a keeper (also he must have earned well at Celtic?). He keeps getting linked with a move back to Scotland and you would think he can still offer the game up there something?

The other side of the coin is that players have no loyaylty at times and want to scrape as much out a contract, regardless of there wealth. Ken Bates came out the other day to say that he tried to sort some deal out with there former player Gary Kelly who was on £40k (unreal) plus a £4k appearance bonus lol. The clock ticks by, he ha smade a packet, Leeds are sinking and he doesnt give a monkeys! That I suppose is the reality of a pro footballer.

Archived