Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertboy

lying for leicester - how far would you go ?

:whistle::whistle:

Back in 1968 ! was one of only two Leicester fans in my class at primary school. The thing was Man utd had as we all know had just won the European cup. when we went back to school after that match all the lads supported united ( mainly cos the playground bully said they had to !) me I was city through and through and so was my mate ( kevin ). The utd fans tried all sorts to get me to switch teams but I held firm and despite the form of City in the following season (68/69) which eventually saw us relegated city managed to get a cup run going as we know and got to the final. This cup run was fantastic for me !! my loyalty to city was noted and even the bully conceded city could just about win and they had better as they were playing Man City. During one particular fraught playtime I clashed with the bully and in a moment of madness to make him jealous of me and my team I proudly declared I was going to wembly with my dad to see the game. This news whizzed around the school and eventually our teacher got to hear. he suggested I should observe the match very carefully and perhaps I could enlighten the class on my experience when I returned. Sh*t I thought !! So I duly tuned in on our small black and white and carefully noted every scrap of important events as they unfolded in true Motson style !! Sure enough come the Monday I delivered a word perfect account of my day at wembley not just to the class but to the whole school just as if I had attended the feckin game!!

Only downside was Kevin never forgave me for not getting him a ticket !!

:whistle::whistle:

Back in 1968 ! was one of only two Leicester fans in my class at primary school. The thing was Man utd had as we all know had just won the European cup. when we went back to school after that match all the lads supported united ( mainly cos the playground bully said they had to !) me I was city through and through and so was my mate ( kevin ). The utd fans tried all sorts to get me to switch teams but I held firm and despite the form of City in the following season (68/69) which eventually saw us relegated city managed to get a cup run going as we know and got to the final. This cup run was fantastic for me !! my loyalty to city was noted and even the bully conceded city could just about win and they had better as they were playing Man City. During one particular fraught playtime I clashed with the bully and in a moment of madness to make him jealous of me and my team I proudly declared I was going to wembly with my dad to see the game. This news whizzed around the school and eventually our teacher got to hear. he suggested I should observe the match very carefully and perhaps I could enlighten the class on my experience when I returned. Sh*t I thought !! So I duly tuned in on our small black and white and carefully noted every scrap of important events as they unfolded in true Motson style !! Sure enough come the Monday I delivered a word perfect account of my day at wembley not just to the class but to the whole school just as if I had attended the feckin game!!

Only downside was Kevin never forgave me for not getting him a ticket !!

I pray I get to go and see Leicester at Wembley again one day, hopefully soon! :thumbup:

i was there too. i do pray we return there.

After the win vs Tranmere we didn't get back to Filbert Street till like 2am, due to drivers regulations (they can only drive for a certain amount of hours per day) we required a change but the replacement didn't turn up so we were stuck in services for ages, and then when he finally arrived and drove us away the bus broke down and we had to sit on the hard shoulder and wait for a replacement bus to pick us up. Fooking unbelievable.

After the win vs Tranmere we didn't get back to Filbert Street till like 2am, due to drivers regulations (they can only drive for a certain amount of hours per day) we required a change but the replacement didn't turn up so we were stuck in services for ages, and then when he finally arrived and drove us away the bus broke down and we had to sit on the hard shoulder and wait for a replacement bus to pick us up. Fooking unbelievable.

and the bus was soooooooooooo hot, but I did shag someones mum I recall

Getting back to the point!

I would do anything for city! I have purchased a season ticket without the other half knowing :cool::@ ! I will have to explain my absence on Saturdays and be really inventive every satdi as i go away most games as well :o Money is quite tight as I'm saving to get a house so this news will go down like Hugh Hefner on Graham Norton not good!

Oh well anything to get away from days like today shopping for kids clothes for hours then a mind numbing experience down the pub where we added captions to todays edition of the Mercury and rang up the local knocking shop asking for specials on nosh lol we were very bored and a rumor started about specials on a satdi :unsure:

Wish the season was on in the summer I'm very bored!

Archived