Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kilworthfox

Over Optimistic Champions Sidecar seat available

is there room for 1 more :D this bloke wants the prem now

http://www.thebluearmy.co.uk/details.asp?b...6269754|p|536|0

He is not messing about is he!

TheBlueArmy.co.uk

I want Premiership now - Milan

The Premiership in three years was Milan Mandaric's famous target - but now the Leicester City owner says: “I want it now!”

And rather than piling pressure on new manager Martin Allen, it underlines that they are both very much on the same wavelength.

As City prepared for their opening game of the season, against Blackpool at the Walkers Stadium today, Mandaric admitted: “I am impatient.

“I said if we were not back up in three years then I would have failed, but I want it now.

“When Portsmouth went up, it was from a very serious approach to the pre-season, and I am happy with what I have seen this time so far.

“Martin Allen is a very strong personality, a hard-working man and his enthusiasm, like mine, rubs off on people and we do not tolerate settling for second best. He is as impatient as I am.”

In the summer, the club has been transformed and there is no sign of Mandaric stopping.

After three struggling seasons, City have their sights set on returning to the top flight as soon as possible, although giving the chairman his wish this time is a tall order. But, with a new boss, 12 new players and a huge wave of enthusiasm sweeping through the whole community, the scene is definitely set.

The summer changes at the club have been little short of revolutionary. Allen has been appointed ahead of strong competition, and has been backed by new players on the field and the right infrastructure off it.

This activity far outstripped expectations, but Mandaric claims: “There is going to be more to come. It is the time of the season when everything is in place but there is still more work to be done.

“I am pleased with the progress so far, in terms of where we are going, and delighted with the response of the whole football community which shows that we are going in the right direction.

“But we are not quite there yet.

“In fairness, there has been a lot of hard work done by all of us, and we must keep improving and progressing. That is what I am doing and things will not happen overnight.

“I am very pleased with every player we have brought to the club and the characters we have introduced to the squad, but we can all talk as much as we want.

“It is all about results now and the talking has to be done on the pitch.”

Archived