Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nathan_Ellington_WAFC

Wigan v ''The Trees''

well its nearly here, the start of the football season and as you can see we're playing one of your rivals, forest

after last seasons shock of us missing out on the playoffs by the last minute against west ham, we will be looking to go one better

last season, in some of our fans eyes was a failure, and you can see how far we have come in a short space of time. personally i was delighted with our performance last season, but with having a short squad it didnt help us

we have filled in the positions in which we felt were weak last season in div 1, for example, the centre of defence

jason de vos got exposed too many times in this division and he had to go.

today we brought in emerson thome, a good signing on paper but i hope he lives up to his reputation/history

i'm not taking anything away to our other two cente backs, matt jackson and ian breckin are top quality defenders, but we just needed that bit more quality, hopefully we have that in thome

we have improved the right back position by signing crewes highly rated david wright, hes looked good in pre season and already i can see why fulham and charlton were sniffing around before we got him

as you might know already, we signed per frandsen on a free transfer, now i know i'm being biased, but this has to be one of the bargains of the season

he rejected moves to wba and norwich because he didnt want to move as his kids were settled

we have also signed david graham from torquay, top goalscorer in div 3 last season, looked very good in pre season grabbing a nice amount of goals but unfortunately for him hes up against possibly the best strike pairing in this division, but jewell only selects players on merit, so he has the same chance as ellington and roberts, and hopefully he can be a player that comes off the bench to change a game around as well

all in all we have had a good pre season, unbeaten and scored 17 goals in our last 4 games

the signings we have made have covered the areas in which we thought were weak and exposed in div 1

now to this saturdays game...

i hear dawson, wes morgan and thompson all defenders are out for this saturday, which is nice :D probably lose now i said that but we should win and hopefully set us on track for a good season

now i know your wondering why has he posted all that but i just wanted you lot to know abit more about us and be more interested in us when we play each other and i for one is excited about going to the walkers stadium

good luck for the season, you're my favourites to go up

Guest Daniel

Alright wigan fan, aint had a chance to say hello.

So here goes, alright mate.

Nice looking banner there aswel, im the banner designer round here so thought id point it out.

All the best against scum at the weekend. :)

cheers pal!

i also want us to beat forest as much as you, they dinted our chances of a playoff place last season and also they're fans are complete knob shanks

oh, and i hope you beat west ham, as they scored in the last minute against us to deny us a playoff place! a terrible feeling :( 4500 minutes of football played, ruined by the last one, but thats all forgotten now!

hope you win, and good luck for the season (except when you play us :P ) and as i said, you're my favourites to go up, good luck

Guest Daniel

What made you join our forum then mate?

Most fans from other teams we get here just want to dig a us and we are guarntueed a couple of pompey twats every month, just to abuse us.

Pricks really.

Glad your here and being positive, great stuff. :)

only our rivals website (cockney latic) and an unoffical wigan messageboard which is alot better than our offical site which is just a farce

the messageboard is full of kids who half the time dont know what they're talking about and the news on there is diabolical, they'll have the emerson thome signing article on there in about two weeks!! :o

Wigan will be strong next season, but I think automatic promotion may be too far for them. They have a quality strikeforce, a solid defence, not so sure about the quality of the midfield......

our midfield is is very capable

crowd favourite gary teale on the right wing, the flying scotsman, a very exciting player when hes on form, had an excellent season last year and got a scotland call up and scored some wonder goals

we have alan mahon on the left, signed in feb from blackburn, didnt particular impress last season but with a pre season under his belt i think he'll be an important player this season

centre of midfield is strong

we have jimmy bullard, who we're building a team around, hes about 4 stone and has a perm, we call him the perminator :blink: , but the guy is quality, can pass anywhere and watch out for his free kicks ;)

also partnering him is per frandsen, a very good signing as he'll give valuble experience to jimmy and already in pre season frandsen has looked very good and you could tell hes a premiership player

as you said, automatic promotion just might be a bit too far for us but we're not in this division to make up the numbers

Good luck against the Trees on Saturday!

I hate to tell you this, but I had hoped that Wigan stayed down for this season; purely for the reason I haven't been there yet, and it's another one towards the "92"!

Sorry!

i know this might sound stupid but i wanted us to stay down as it would of been far too early for us to go up and last season was only a building one so we could challenge for promotion this season! but as you saw we suprised a few people last season

i also look forward going to your stadium, saw it on sky sports news, behind the scenes etc and you have quality facilities in there

yep, we got jimmy from peterbrough for what pratically was a steal at 215k ;)

Guest Daniel

Our ground is nice and a good day out for you, the atmosphere can feel abit dead at times but its the same old story with modern stadiums.

i know this might sound stupid but i wanted us to stay down as it would of been far too early for us to go up and last season was only a building one so we could challenge for promotion this season! but as you saw we suprised a few people last season

That's not stupid, it's a sensible outlook.

A few teams have been promoted earlier than they should, and it isn't pleasant viewing, I tell thee!

Build a solid foundation, then move for the big time!

our midfield is is very capable

crowd favourite gary teale on the right wing, the flying scotsman, a very exciting player when hes on form, had an excellent season last year and got a scotland call up and scored some wonder goals

we have alan mahon on the left, signed in feb from blackburn, didnt particular impress last season but with a pre season under his belt i think he'll be an important player this season

centre of midfield is strong

we have jimmy bullard, who we're building a team around, hes about 4 stone and has a perm, we call him the perminator  :blink: , but the guy is quality, can pass anywhere and watch out for his free kicks  ;)

also partnering him is per frandsen, a very good signing as he'll give valuble experience to jimmy and already in pre season frandsen has looked very good and you could tell hes a premiership player

as you said, automatic promotion just might be a bit too far for us but we're not in this division to make up the numbers

Glad you said that about Teale he is my fantasy football team. :D

That's not stupid, it's a sensible outlook.

A few teams have been promoted earlier than they should, and it isn't pleasant viewing, I tell thee!

Build a solid foundation, then move for the big time!

If Wigan were promoted to the Premiership last season, I don't think it would have been too early for them. They have a loaded chairman who would back Jewell to the tilt financially to bring in better players.

Archived