Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Cobbo

No Sentiments for Howard

No Sentiments For Howard

Posted on: Thu 22 Jan 2009

Leicester City marksman Steve Howard will be bidding to gun down one of his best mates at the Walkers Stadium on Saturday.

Lee Clark has masterminded Huddersfield Town's climb to the brink of the League One play-off places since being appointed last month.

The Terriers have lost just one of seven games since he took over and Howard has been cheering them on.

"I've known Lee for years. He always wanted to go into management and I think this is a good job for him.

"I'm sure he will do well and he will definitely have Huddersfield pumped up for this game.

"But if we keep playing the football we have been playing, we should have too much for teams in League One."

Howard set City on their way to victory at Yeovil Town in front of the Sky Sports cameras on Monday night.

He admits his fifth goal in League One this season was aided by " a slight deflection" and has helped City open up a six-point lead at the top of the table.

"It was a big win for us at Yeovil," he said. "We saw that MK Dons lost on Saturday and knew it was a massive game for us.

"We knew it would be tough at Yeovil.

"The pitch was not the best and we knew they would attack us early in the game. We coped with that well and then got the first goal.

"We've got to build on that win now.

"There are a lot of games coming up and we have to stay injury free and keep playing the way we have been playing."

http://www.lcfc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10274~1529329,00.html

Archived