Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
efcguest

cheers

This is just to say a big thanks to Leicester city from evertonians, not may other clubs would have done this. Below is the report from blue kipper on the tribute the club did. full respect to the foxes on this one.

cheers lads

"The other day I got a phone call from a new friend who came from tragic circumstances. His name is John Murphy junior, brother of Bernard Murphy. John was all excited about me having to see the presentation mural given to his family at a recent Leicester match.

Leicester v Wolves was the nearest home game to Bernard's anniversary. It was a midweek game and the Murphy family and friends were invited .So a car load of Bernard's life long friends, Mick Mathews, Terry O'Donnell and family went down to Leicester not knowing what to expect.

On arriving at the ground they were met by Leicester officials and many other people from the Police to the local papers reporters, The Mercury.

Before the match the invited guests were taken to the place were Bernard met his tragic accident .There a party of people gathered to witness the fixing of a metal engraved plate to commemorate Bernard, actually fixed on the wall by Tim Davies the CEO. Then the special guests were taken to the garden of memorial for Bernard next to the ground and met the lady who tenders the garden.

John and the party were led into the new Leicester City ground to be taken on a tour which was very impressive. A special presentation was given as a keepsake in memory of Bernard .Encased in a large frame was a picture of Bernard, match tickets of the day Bernard died with a programme from the game. Leicester's and Everton's logos with a copy of the memorial plate A fully signed Leicester Shirt with the name 'Yifter' on, Bernard's nickname.

Dion Dublin presented the honoured guests with the frame.

PC Steve May even gave John senior a Bobby's hat to remember them by.

After the party were treated to a great meal with full corporate facilities, a view of the pitch and silver service.

Then the party watched the game which ended in a 1-1 draw.

I often speak to John junior now and John senior, they were at pains to thank the Leicester police (especially PC Steve May), the Leicester City head of communications, and CEO and all the Leicester people who have taken the Murphy's into their hearts. When you think about it there is more than one 'People's club' and Leicester City in the treatment and respect given to Bernard's family and friends proves this. Ian Macdonald (29/04/05)

On Sunday 20th March, derby day, it will be twelve months to the day that Bernard Murphy was tragically killed. In a nutshell Bernard would still be here today if he had not followed his beloved team to Leicester.

As a tribute to Bernard can you put up this past article I wrote for Bernards family towards the end of next week.

A family and friends get together will be held at the Huyton Labour club on Sunday night .A tribute to 'Yiffter' as Bernard was lovingly known and to raise funds for the local youth team he coached."

I know LCFC come in for a lot of justified stick but on this occassion it was thoughtful gesture from the club, im glad the gentlemans family and friends appreciated it and gave them some kind of comfort.

Thanks for the comments Everton guys, good luck with the rest of the season :)

Good luck, and I hope Everton finish 4th, and I hope they get the last Champion League spot regardless, after all, Liverpool cost them in 1985, why should they do it again.

Archived