Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Deathside

World Youth Championship 2005

Yup, Australia were pretty horrible, I stopped watching after 80 minutes because it was so painful to watch. Wesolowski should haved played at least some part, hopefully the Aussie coach realises just how bad we are playing and brings in some new players (Wesolowski at least) next game.

Yup, Australia were pretty horrible, I stopped watching after 80 minutes because it was so painful to watch. Wesolowski should haved played at least some part, hopefully the Aussie coach realises just how bad we are playing and brings in some new players (Wesolowski at least) next game.

123803[/snapback]

Good call.Wesolowski finally picked and starting vs Japan.Hope he lifts them 4 a win and into next round.Poor lad never mentioned on OS.Hope he dont ever take that to heart.

Japan 1 - 1 Australia

75 mins 0 - 1 Townsend

87 mins 1 - 1 Maeda

By my maths that's Australia out (finishing bottom of the group)

I think Japan finish 2nd on goals scored and therefore go through

Benin (with only 2 points) are unlikely to progress as a best 3rd placed team

The third placed sides in the other groups are:

Germany (4 points)

Turkey (4 points)

Chile (3 points)

Italy (3 points)

South Korea (3 points)

I think only the top 4 3rd placed sides go through?

Yep, that all looks about right Deathside. It wasn't too bad a performance today from Australia, espescially Wesolowski I thought. He really added the ability to keep possession of the ball to our team, he passed well, had good ball control, he became more influential over the game as it went on and even did a good clearing header off the line.

It was just a shame Japan scored an equaliser in the 87th minute which stopped us progressing, though judging by all our performances, we wouldn't have progressed much further anyway.

Yep, that all looks about right Deathside. It wasn't too bad a performance today from Australia, espescially Wesolowski I thought. He really added the ability to keep possession of the ball to our team, he passed well, had good ball control, he became more influential over the game as it went on and even did a good clearing header off the line.

It was just a shame Japan scored an equaliser in the 87th minute which stopped us progressing, though judging by all our performances, we wouldn't have progressed much further anyway.

124774[/snapback]

Good to hear our (at least for 2 years)young wizard Wesolowski had a very good game according to natas and footballaustralia.com. Why didnt he play in the earlier games?? Hopefully he can get a spot in the Leicester first team on return and who knows, even get a mention on OS(although unlikely).Maybe he's related to Canero.

Archived