Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Deathside

World Youth Championship 2005

World Youth Championship 2005 - Anyone heard of it?

I just discovered it tonight on the grounds that the Australian under 20 team are currently staying at my hotel (USA arrive tomorrow)

Bloody typical of my luck - Australia have a trial game on Friday evening and a warm up match on Sunday, Tournament starts on Fri 10th June -

You guessed it, I fly home this Friday evening (after 2 weeks over here)

Tournament details here

I just discovered it tonight on the grounds that the Australian under 20 team are currently staying at my hotel (USA arrive tomorrow)

Bloody typical of my luck - Australia have a trial game on Friday evening and a warm up match on Sunday, Tournament starts on Fri 10th June -

Tournament details here

118307[/snapback]

Typical!! See if you can have a word with James Wesolowski (Leicester's whizkid) if you get the chance. It would be good to hear what's he's got to say about Leicester and what are his chances of playing next season. See what you can do mate.

Tournament details here

118307[/snapback]

Typical!! See if you can have a word with James Wesolowski (Leicester's whizkid) if you get the chance. It would be good to hear what's he's got to say about Leicester and what are his chances of playing next season. See what you can do mate.

118482[/snapback]

Ah bugger (in best Ozzy accent) - I spoke briefly to a couple of the Ozzy lads in the sauna last night - One of them said he lived in London - Oddly enough I forgot to ask what club side he plays for - Doh!

I had no idea there was a Leicester player in their team - Now I'm even more pissed about missing the games - Maybe I'll catch up with some of them tonight

Tournament details here

118307[/snapback]

118482[/snapback]

Ah bugger (in best Ozzy accent) - I spoke briefly to a couple of the Ozzy lads in the sauna last night - One of them said he lived in London - Oddly enough I forgot to ask what club side he plays for - Doh!

I had no idea there was a Leicester player in their team - Now I'm even more pissed about missing the games - Maybe I'll catch up with some of them tonight

118503[/snapback]

He looks abit like Joey Gudjonsson! Just keep shouting random things about Leicester all night and eventually you'll find him.

It's a right shitter you won't get to see him, it would of been great to cheer the whizkid on.

I miffed as well because the first thing the London based Ozzy asked me was Where ya from mate? - And he didn't mention James Wesolowski when I said Leicester

118508[/snapback]

Some of them are abit thick though, they possibly don't know where all their team mates play. I'd ask about at the hotel and see if you can get a meeting with Weso. Perhaps you could do an interview for foxestalk.

I was reading an article the other day and they reckon he's going to be better than Harry Kewell, you need to meet the lad!

I miffed as well because the first thing the London based Ozzy asked me was Where ya from mate? - And he didn't mention James Wesolowski when I said Leicester

118508[/snapback]

Some of them are abit thick though, they possibly don't know where all their team mates play. I'd ask about at the hotel and see if you can get a meeting with Weso. Perhaps you could do an interview for foxestalk.

I was reading an article the other day and they reckon he's going to be better than Harry Kewell, you need to meet the lad!

118520[/snapback]

The pressure is on. :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :D:D:thumbup:;)

If I bump into any of them tonight I'll mention the lad - If I remember his name

118528[/snapback]

Just say James Weso wotsit if you forget how to pronounce it.

Remember the film Big Lebowski? Just think of that and add James Weso before Lebowski, if you say it really quick they won't realise you've said it incorrectly.

If I bump into any of them tonight I'll mention the lad - If I remember his name

118528[/snapback]

Remember the film Big Lebowski? Just think of that and add James Weso before Lebowski, if you say it really quick they won't realise you've said it incorrectly.

118553[/snapback]

ummm - I'm not convinced <_<

118528[/snapback]

118553[/snapback]

ummm - I'm not convinced <_<

118556[/snapback]

Wes - lov - ski. ;)

Well I didn't meet James Weswotsit - I did have a chat with a couple of the Ozzy players though (Didn't ask their names) - The main one I spoke to plays for West Ham

Mentioned James Wes..... - They told me he was in the hotel somewhere, they described him as a good lad who works hard

I asked how many English based players are in the Ozzy squad..

1 @ Leicester

1 @ West Ham

1 @ Burnley

1 @ Reading

1 @ Chesterfield

1 @ Notts County

Your challenge, should you choose to accept, is to name them (I don't know the answers but I'm sure Uncle Google does) :P

Anway, sorry for digging up old threads and all, but I figured I would just mention Wesolowski is not in the starting line-up for the first match against Benin- Lineup (depending on injuries)- Pasfield, Milligan, McClenahan, Timpano, Downes, Musiliak, Sarkies, Celeski, Tadrosse, Lia, Ward

Yeah, we beat NEC 2-0 and then there coach had a bit of a go at us, he reckoned we play poorly as at team and that the Netherlands will have no problems beating us, we shall see though.

Yeah, we beat NEC 2-0 and then there coach had a bit of a go at us, he reckoned we play poorly as at team and that the Netherlands will have no problems beating us, we shall see though.

121194[/snapback]

alright mate

what do you play for the aus u-23 or something

1-1 Aus v Benin

Both sides probably nervous and Australia looked ordinary. Lucky with their goal. Benin goal was well taken. :D:D:thumbup:;)

Benin U-20's held

Benin's under-20 drew 1-1 with Australia in their first ever game at the World Youth Championship on Friday.

The Junior Squirrels opened the scoring in the Group A game in the Dutch town of Kerkrade in the 31st minute through Razak Omotoyossi.

He scored at the far post after a breakaway down the left flank.

He almost added another in 74th after dribbling through several defenders, but his shot was saved.

In the first half, Australia rarely threatened but had two decent chances from free kicks by Kristian Sarkies in the 22nd and 25th minutes.

Australia's Nick Ward equalized in the 59th minute with a near-post finish from a corner.

The Benin coach Serge Deveze was happy with the result.

"It was a good result for Benin but I think we can do better," he told BBC Sport.

"We played collectively in the first half but in the second half my strikers played for themselves not for the team.

"We missed lost a lot of chances because my strikers threw it away, we have work to do in this area.

"If we want to get to the second round we have to beat Japan and if we do that we would have four points.

"I don't want wait till the last game against Netherlands before we qualify."

The match started with a moment of silence for former Benin goalkeeper Samiou Youssoufou, who was bludgeoned to death with stones four months ago in Cotonou following they loss to Nigeria at the African Youth Championship.

Next up for Benin are Japan on 15 June, while on the same day Australia play the hosts Holland.

Source

We were pretty disappointing, first half we didn't play too well, giving the ball away too much in midfield, though the defence looked fairly solid most of the time, having said that we still had the better chances but Omotoyossi (who was easily the best player) caught us out.

Second half Benin got tired, and we started to dominate, especially the last 15 minutes we had about 3 great chances to win, Dilevski somehow managed to hit the post from a cross from about about 4 yards out. Australia really should have won and we might find it hard to get to the next round now.

Could have done with him. :( <_< 0-3 to the Netherlands and it was men against boys. Lots of effort from Australia but no craft, ditto the effort for the Dutch except that they also had some class, skill and some craft. :D:D:thumbup:;)

Archived