Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AndyTop

Best way forward?

Due to changes in personal circumstances I rarely get down to see a live game these days, I have full respect for you guys who have the commitment to turn up every week paying good money only to be let down like this, gut wrenching.

I used to be a regular down at City, my first season was under Jimmy Bloomfield in 1974 when we beat the likes of Man U and Arsenal at Filbo, I have been a Season ticket holder on and off over the years and in BL / MON days travelled the country supporting them home and away. I listen to every game on the Radio (painful) and subscribe to foxes player / Sky. So I'm not really in the best position to comment on recent events but anyway here are my thoughts.

Personally I think it would be stupid to get rid of Pearson (even though I think he may well get the sack), it seems to me that he is building a talented young side and one of the major contributing factors we failed so badly towards the end of the season was inexperience, basically there heads went under the pressure. You could argue that applied to both the players and the manager / management team. A couple of additional quality signings, the ability to manage big ego’s and a little more flexibility with respect to formation would have been enough to gain promotion this season IMO. I hope lessons have been learned and the players / manager having experienced this situation will be able to handle it better next time round.

The way I see it Pearson’s major weaknesses are his rigid tactical stance and inability to manage big personalities (not having much of one himself could explain why he struggles). I think if we could have got the best out of Danns, Beckford, and Mills (I know, very contentious) it could possibly have made a difference. Also he seems to really struggle with settling on the correct formation to combat the oppositions setup. There are games that are crying out for 3 5 2 and he sticks rigidly to the 4 4 2 system even though we don’t have the correct players for that system, again not sure if that’s down to naivety or pig headedness lets hope it’s not ineptitude.

Anyway hoping we do, but head says we won’t make the playoffs, looking to next season I would personally like Pearson to have one last crack at this, changing mangers so often is disruptive to say the least (better the devil you know). Wouldn’t like to see this squad dismantled at this stage and a few additions inc right sided winger with pace and a maybe a couple of defenders and quality player to partner James in midfield (Unconvinced about Drinkwater and King goes missing too far too much) and a bit of tweaking with the formation we could just get it right next Season, thoughts?

The fact is Pearson said he had unfinished business here at Leicester on his return and yes he did get us to top spot albeit it momentarily since then we have been in decline.

​Considering it is widely acknowledged now that the Thais panicked when getting rid of SGE after just 13 games of a new season I can't see how they can not afford to let Pearson go. It will be a miracle if we reach the play-offs now although not impossible and what then?

I think NP is a very good League 1 manager but mediocre in the Championship and untried and untested in the Prem. He doesn't seem to have the ability to motivate and to be honest if we had a cardboard cut out of him pitch side we'd probably see more animation. No, he's done his best and it's time to move on. I don't buy this "it would cost too much to get rid of him" that is no reason at all to keeping him.

​Considering it is widely acknowledged now that the Thais panicked when getting rid of SGE after just 13 games of a new season I can't see how they can not afford to let Pearson go. It will be a miracle if we reach the play-offs now although not impossible and what then?

"Widely acknowledged" - is it? There is no evidence I know of, that retaining SGE would have us in any better a position than we are in now. Look at the SGE players who have left us, Any of them doing embarrasingly well at their new clubs (if they have one)? Just for starters - Beckford, Danns, Johnson, Vassell, Ball, Fernandes. Whatever NFP's shortcomings, SGE was an embarrassingly bad manager for the Championship who came at a huge price to the club and the progress of the club.

Archived