Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest ttfn

Player ratings

Kasper - 7 - Some good stops, although what on earth was he doing trying to bear hug Vydra for their winner? Should have stayed on his line or came and punched the ball. He's not to blame for their goal though, no one is.

Schlupp - 6 - Much better, still a bit shaky and was a poor decision playing him, Watford targeted him all game.

Keane - 6 - Caught ball watching a couple of times, although he did make some good tackles and closed down well when needed.

Morgan - 7 - A tough challenge today from t*** Deeney, dealt with it well most of the time.

RDL - 8 - Got forward well and caused massive problems for them. Good defensively.

King - 8 - Ran his heart out and made some brilliant tackles. Could have been much worse without him mopping up.

James - 7 - Really good performance, kept the ball well and orchestrates the attack well. 

Dyer - 6 - Lost the ball quite a few times, caused the wing back problems. Again his final ball wasn't great when we needed it.

Knockaert - 7 (8 Without the penalty miss) - Ran his socks off. Got around the pitch and really drove the team forward. Moments of brilliance. Penalty should have been smashed, but never mind. He created everything for us.

Wood - 6 - Held the ball up well for the most part, some good runs.

Nugent - 7 - Well played. Dropped deep and kept running for the team, good goal to bring us back into the driving seat. Wanted him or James to take the penalty.

Kane - 5 - Didn't do much, just gave everyone else a break by closing down early.

DD - 6 - When he came on, He mopped up some stuff early on and created chances.

Why on earth we had 5-6 players waiting for the penalty rebound I will never know. 1-2 people max in a situation like that. That counter would never of happened if we hadn't of got complacent.

Good game though, better team won. We showed heart and passion and look good to improve next season with the backbone we have now. Lets be honest, everything we achieved in the playoffs was going to be a bonus, over the course of the season, we didn't deserve the play off spot.

Well played though, you did us proud.

I'd agree with most of that, but I think Schlupp was picked partly because Konchesky has just had a hernia operation and partly because Anya on the Watford right is such a quick player.  I honestly don't think Konch could have kept up with him. 

Better team did win in the end and I think we all realised that the play off's were a bonus after the last few months we've had.  Well done to the lads for making such a game of it though.

Archived