Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Spiers82

Thailand rich list

That seems odd to me. Why pay yourself £4m in interest payments when you know you are going to have to lend the club money to pay yourself back anyway??

I'm guessing it's tax efficiency .... you can pay yourself 8% as that's what the tax man charges for overdue payments .... it's not seen as a benefit in kind to the owners, where a larger percentage would be.

They'd notionally pay the money into their Director's loan account. Where it would run a balance owing to them so they can leave it in the company and take it out without being taxed at a later date.

Well yes technically, the club is in debt to them and they own the club.

The club can be used as a vehicle to repay that debt though. For instance, lets say normally we'd have a budget of £21m for wages, running the club etc etc. They could take off a million each year to pay the interest for the next 500+ years if they wanted and still leave the club with £20m to run with.

Thus replaying what they lent and also giving them/their family a nice little income for the rest of their lives. FFP plays into every clubs owners hands really, no more pressure from fans about why nothing is being spent... well apart from a few unable to grasp the concept.

Or some that understand the concept and wanted to take the exit whilst the opportunity still existed.

There'll be lots of ways around this anyway ...... the FA's advisors will be good ..... but no where near as good as the creativity of Billionnaire's accountants.

Cant they sponsor a seat or something??

This was my point about not believing the season ticket sales ..... I simply don't believe that we have sold so many .... and if that was my company I'd have bought a few thousand through various outlets in Thailand and Asia through family, friends and staff. Perfectly legit. They just aren't likely to use them!!!

Archived