Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
knightonfox

atmosphere in kop and L1

was my first game in L1 last night after spending previous 3 seasons in the kop. must say that I found it a lot more exciting sitting next to away fans and almost reminded me of days in crazy corner at filbert street. Have to agree with all those who used to say that it is difficult to hear the kop from L1 as the loudest the ko[p seemed to be was when their keeper took the first goal kick. I know they got a few craig levein's blue n white army chants going but the singing seems to get drowned out by the clapping.

Made lots of efforts to join in with the kop chants that we could hear instead of starting our own. I think to create a decent atmosphere in the crisp bowl then instead of arguing about who is louder then L1 and the kop need to join in with each other instead of competing.

Was also surprised at politeness of stewards. Even though trying to get people to sit down they were very polite and I saw none of the heavy handed approach that was talked about last year in attempts to get people seated. does anyone else in L1 reckon their attitude has changed?

Up the city!

When i go to games which is few and far between at present as im moving to blackpool in nx 3 weeks, i always sit in L1, its the best part in the ground imo, having alittle banter with the away fans makes the games so much more pleasurable.

My season ticket was in L1 last season but last night I sat back row E3. I really enjoyed it and was pleased I sat there instead of L1. I love the banter and the excitment of L1, but The kop was good last night espeically second half.

Last three seasons I've sat in the Gary Lineker stand for every home game I've been to except once when I sat at the front of the A&L. Last night was my first league game in the Kop at Filbert Way anyway. It was enjoyable. Much more so than the Gary Lineker stand but I've spent a good few seasons there singing a little bit with about 5 other people joining in and watching the way the game goes more closely. Last night I noticed that you can't hear L1 at all from the Kop eventhough when I used to sit in the Lineker stand you could just hear clapping from the Kop and hardly any singing and L1 was really loud. It's just that the noise doesn't carry very well and not many people in the Kop actually say Craig levein's or blue and white army. They just clap. Also there's usually two different songs being sung at one time in the Kop. One end sings one song and the other sings something totally different.

L1 was good while it lasted, I was the nearest seat to the Awayers last season up the top but moved now to F1 because of the constant hassle and threats of arrest for very little by the Stewards and Police. F1 was good last night i've got friendly people around me who talk sense and contribute to the atmosphere so its all good at the moment.

Archived