Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bedford Fox

Battle of the Band

I'd say the simple things are the best things to concentrate on (at least they have been for me in the past!)

Make sure you plan a set list, I know it sounds simple but improv is not that great an idea! lol I'd make sure you can get a decent sound check (although this can be quite difficult with multiple bands occupying the sound stage; at least it was for one sound engineer we used!!!!). Practice the set plenty so the bands really tight and get the drummer to start every track off so you're properly in time (I hope that doesnt sound condesending for being so simple but believe me it helps!).

I'm interested to know what kind of music your band does, do you have a demo or anything?

Most important thing is to RELAX and ENJOY and DO WHAT COMES NATURALLY- everything else will flow from that. Dont worry if you make a mistake, everyone makes them live.

GOOD LUCK :D

Hi my band are entering the Bedford Battle of the band and its the first time i ave ever done anything like this and was wondering if any fellow musicians or music lovers had any tips for me! Cheers

155799[/snapback]

Battle of the Band - You've got it sown up already - Or is it Battle of the BandS?

Can't offer you much advice as I never did any BOTB type gigs

Only thing that comes to mind is The Clash - A band who excited people simply by the way they always ran onto the stage grabbed the guitars and started playing straight away - OK they backed it up (in the early days at least) by having a set full of kick arsé songs

Good luck to yous anyway

Archived