Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Joe.

Corruption Investigations / Police raid 3 clubs

Newcastle, Portsmouth & Rangers.

Sky Report

Police have raided three football clubs as part of an investigation into corruption in football.

City of London Police have confirmed the raids took place between 7.30am and 9am on Monday morning, although there is no connection to the recent Lord Stevens inquiry.

The identities of the clubs, or which division they play in, have not been disclosed by City of London Police, who admit the investigation is ongoing.

However, Northumbria Police have named Newcastle United and Strathclyde Police also confirmed Rangers were part of the inquiry. Portsmouth were later named as the third team involved.

"We can confirm that search warrants were served at three football clubs and the homes of two individuals in connection with corruption in football and its impact on owners and shareholders," said a police spokeswoman.

"This investigation is a totally independent inquiry.

"It has not been influenced or informed by the Quest inquiry in any way.

"As this is a live investigation, it would be inappropriate to comment further at this stage."

Only last month, Lord Stevens' Quest probe into illegal payments disclosed concerns regarding 17 transfers involving five Premier League clubs.

There was no evidence of irregular payments to club officials or players after the Quest team spent 15 months looking into the issue.

It would be good if this actually turns out to be true and some of the bastards end up in court.

Sort of linked (althought could end up in the general thread) Portsmouth, Rangers and Newcastle all raided. Obviously the Pompey one is a little bit worrying. Wonder who's allegedly been upto alleged no good. Allegedly.

It's all about Dirty Harry. :whistle:

Probably because this is already in that lORD Stevens thread.

But since the police have stated that the raids are independent of the Lord Stevens inquiry, it ought to be in a separate topic.

My advice is: ignore the raid information in the Lord Stevens topic, as it shouldn't be there. This is the place for Police Raid information. :whistle:

Edit: to save people getting their knickers in a twist, I've split the raid discussions from the Lord Stevens topic, so now there can be no confusion... although someone will still, no doubt, manage to be confused. :ermm:

It was in 2 forums.

That's what was confusing.

It wasn't. ;)

It got moved... the link remained in the LC forum, but the topic was no longer active there. I suspect the moderator who performed the task of moving the topic decided to leave a link to avoid being accused of trigger-happy deletion syndrome. :thumbup:

It wasn't. ;)

It got moved... the link remained in the LC forum, but the topic was no longer active there. I suspect the moderator who performed the task of moving the topic decided to leave a link to avoid being accused of trigger-happy deletion syndrome. :thumbup:

Have to disagree with you there LWICD.

They were both open. I checked prior to asking the mods to act.

Honest.

Have to disagree with you there LWICD.

They were both open. I checked prior to asking the mods to act.

Honest.

Fortunate timing, I suspect.

There's absolutely no evidence of a second topic ever existing. Just the one (which has since ceased to exist as a topic in its own right, anyway).

Fortunate timing, I suspect.

There's absolutely no evidence of a second topic ever existing. Just the one (which has since ceased to exist as a topic in its own right, anyway).

How odd!

The one in LC Forum was open, then had 'moved' added. I posted in that forum.

You saw it in GF&S and asked the question about my confusion.

Oh, well. Move on.

It mentioned jean allen Boumsong on sky sports news. If its player related I'd guess at Boumsong Rangers to Newcastle, and Lua-Lua Newcastle to Pompey. But it could be related to any number of things. :thumbup:

I heard at Newcastle the police found several car stereos, sat navs, and several DVD players. All part of a Geordie crime wave.

Archived