Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lineker's Left Foot

Would we ever want an 'Abramovich'?

This is what I posted on a similar thread not so long ago, titled: What would stop you going to the City?

This may sound strange to some, but if we had someone like an Abramovic in charge, pumping in money and buying us the best players available and winning every trophy in sight, I think that would see me lose interest. It would just feel so artificial that the club would have been transformed from the current position we find ourselves experiencing in terms of league position/potential/players/stadium, in to Chelsea like proportions. If we ever get to that level, I'd like to think we've earned it by building up a team based on our own collective success.

That's why I dislike clubs like Blackburn and Wigan - Their clubs success have been based on the mass input of funds by their respective benefactors, which has taken the clubs totally out of it's original context. Blackburn can barely fill their stadium, and Wigan struggled to get over 10,000 going along to games last season.

It would be interesting to have a rich investor, but he'd have to be a foxes fan not a Glazer type.

On the subject of Sky and the Premiership, the money should be dealt equally between all teams not on finishing position. It works for the NFL in the USA and enables poorer supported teams (like Green Bay) compete better with the bigger teams. After all, the motivation should be silverware, european football and a place in the England Squad!

Yes. I know about the TV 'black outs' unless the game sells out - but that's a good thing too.

On the subject of Sky and the Premiership, the money should be dealt equally between all teams not on finishing position. After all, the motivation should be silverware, european football and a place in the England Squad!

In an ideal world, professional football clubs wouldnt care about money, but they do. Dont worry, its only for this and next season, then who knows what will happen.

well if we did have a rich investor it would be ok.........did i say ok i ment funkin great imagine the interviews of the ronaldo's of this world i always dreamt about playing for leicester! i think we need to start the campaign to get the asian connection involved and invite a certain Laxmi Mittal (owner of the most expensive house in the world)

come on Laxmi you know you love leicester!

well we can dream ;)

Archived