Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Bad advertisment

Actually, some of us have been opposed to the renaming for more than so-called 'bigoted' reasons. The main reason being that the airport falls under the jurisdiction of Leicestershire County Council, meaning that my council tax is used in part to pay for policing the airport, for maintaining the highways leading to the airport, for maintaining signage for the airport etc. An airport which then decides to name itself after one of the three cities it serves, thus gaining more publicity to that city, and encouraging increases in tourism, business and so on and so forth. Effectively, I am paying for advertising for Nottingham, to the detriment of my own home town. This might seem petty to you, but that's what happens when the nearest city to you is less than 30 miles away, and we live in competitive times.

Ah, I see! Guess this is what happens when I poke my nose in without knowing all the facts! I thought it was just a 'Them and us' thing.

SORRY!!!! :blink:

I retract my ranting!

I would have thought though that NEMA (or its owners) would have had to pay for the policing, in the same way that LCFC have to pay for it on match days?

Again though, sorry if I offended anyone - I will do more research in future.....

Archived