Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Bad advertisment

I noticed today that the word NOTTINGHAM was plastered all over the kop with the East mid airport advertisments. I didn't like it at all :mad::mad::mad: sort it out Tim

I'm assuming you mean other than on the boards surrounding the pitch because they have been there for months with the profanity written on them.

Personally I refuse to fly from that airport as a matter of principle !

I'm assuming you mean other than on the boards surrounding the pitch because they have been there for months with the profanity written on them.

lollol

Im flying from there on the 17th!

Im a traitor :unsure::whistle::ph34r::mellow::D

I refuse to fly with British Midland as they are the only company to ever bump me off a flight. NEVER fly with them. :mad::mad::mad::mad::devil::( <_<

Well it doesn't seem to have done them much good , the adverising and naming it NEMA. Maybe the drop in numbers is all Leicester(shire) people boycotting. Like the Robin Hood Airport in Doncaster lollollol

FEWER PASSENGERS FLYING FROM AIRPORT

BY IAN GRIFFIN

10:30 - 10 September 2005

Nottingham East Midlands Airport has seen a fall of nearly 100,000 passengers in the three months to June, it emerged today.

The Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) said 96,941 fewer people flew from the airport over the three-month period compared to the same time last year, a fall of eight per cent.

Nottingham East Midlands Airport (Nema) said the decline may be due to increased competition from nearby airports.

Over the same period passenger numbers at all UK airports rose by more than six per cent.

In the three months to June this year, Nema had 1.08 million passengers, compared to 1.18 million in the same period last year. The CAA said its yet-to-be-published figure for July is also likely to fall by 7.6 per cent to 446,960.

Experts said Nema looks to have lost out to airports in Coventry and Doncaster, which have both increased services.

Ryan Martinez, of Nema, said there were various reasons for the drop in passengers.

He said: "It might be down to the market in general, but there's also competition in the marketplace. There's no one factor which could mean these months are slightly down."

He said the airport was confident there would be an increase in passenger numbers over the full financial year. CAA figures show Nema had 4.43 million passengers in its last financial year to March.

Mr Martinez said the figures may have also been affected by services which have begun in the past few months, including long-haul flights to Africa, the Caribbean, North America and Mexico.

Airline BMI has also switched to smaller aircraft on two of its routes. But overall the number of passenger destinations from Nema has risen from 60 to 84 in the past year.

Kieran Daly, of Flight International magazine, said people could have been attracted by better deals at Coventry airport and Doncaster's Robin Hood Airport. He said: "People are pretty flexible and cost is all they are worried about. They will drive a long way to get the flight they want."

Frances Tuck, of the Association of British Travel Agents, said: "This could be down to the increase in competition from Coventry and Doncaster."

I noticed today that the word NOTTINGHAM was plastered all over the kop with the East mid airport advertisments. I didn't like it at all :mad::mad::mad: sort it out Tim

Blimey it took you a while to notice, it was there all last season.

We raised it at the first Fans Forum last season (Sept 04) & it was minuted as follows:

"Pitchside Sponsors

PJ advised that a comment had been received via the Foxes Trust regarding Leicester using signage for ‘Nottingham East Midlands Airport’. The majority of the panel thought that this was petty and saw no problem as the airport was bringing revenue into the club and probably used by most supporters"

So as you can see we got no backing from other Forum members, we would have needed total backing to get it seriously considered by the club. No chance over a year later

We raised it at the first Fans Forum last season (Sept 04) & it was minuted as follows:

"Pitchside Sponsors

PJ advised that a comment had been received via the Foxes Trust regarding Leicester using signage for ‘Nottingham East Midlands Airport’. The majority of the panel thought that this was petty and saw no problem as the airport was bringing revenue into the club and probably used by most supporters"

So as you can see we got no backing from other Forum members, we would have needed total backing to get it seriously considered by the club. No chance over a year later

Yeah but that's the same forum who bummed henry

"Pitchside Sponsors

I would have told them exactly what I think of it, thank you.

I would have told them exactly what I think of it, thank you.

We wish you would have been there Lisa I can assure you.

We were very disappointed that no other fans backed us at that Forum, as we had received a number of complaints about it.

There is no doubt with the club having received money from the airport that it would have been difficult for them to handle, but the lack of backing meant we were dismissed easily as being petty minded. The complaints we received were passionate about the advert rubbing our noses in it on the naming front.

Strange how its Leicester that picks up all the policing costs isn't it

This is a joke, right?

I have been a Leicester City fan since I was 8, but protesting about an ad board because the airport it advertises is affiliated to Nottingham?

Get Real for pity's sake!!!

This sort of small minded bigotry (and yes, it is!) has been responsible for trouble which I personally see in N Ireland.

Very very sad - I pity you.

This is a joke, right?

I have been a Leicester City fan since I was 8, but protesting about an ad board because the airport it advertises is affiliated to Nottingham?

This sort of small minded bigotry (and yes, it is!) has been responsible for trouble which I personally see in N Ireland.

Actually, some of us have been opposed to the renaming for more than so-called 'bigoted' reasons. The main reason being that the airport falls under the jurisdiction of Leicestershire County Council, meaning that my council tax is used in part to pay for policing the airport, for maintaining the highways leading to the airport, for maintaining signage for the airport etc. An airport which then decides to name itself after one of the three cities it serves, thus gaining more publicity to that city, and encouraging increases in tourism, business and so on and so forth. Effectively, I am paying for advertising for Nottingham, to the detriment of my own home town. This might seem petty to you, but that's what happens when the nearest city to you is less than 30 miles away, and we live in competitive times.

Actually, some of us have been opposed to the renaming for more than so-called 'bigoted' reasons. The main reason being that the airport falls under the jurisdiction of Leicestershire County Council, meaning that my council tax is used in part to pay for policing the airport, for maintaining the highways leading to the airport, for maintaining signage for the airport etc. An airport which then decides to name itself after one of the three cities it serves, thus gaining more publicity to that city, and encouraging increases in tourism, business and so on and so forth. Effectively, I am paying for advertising for Nottingham, to the detriment of my own home town. This might seem petty to you, but that's what happens when the nearest city to you is less than 30 miles away, and we live in competitive times.

Spot on Lisa I couldnt agree more. :thumbup:

will you marry me?

This is a joke, right?

What you drinking mate?

Whose sad?

Hang on, I don't want to kill people in Nottingham I've been on many nights out their and had some great times and good banter. If youv'e been a leicester fan since you were 8 you should realise that when it comes to FOOTBALL (not NI/RI politics) their happens to be rivelry thats keeps the game alive, and the word NOTTINGHAM has no place at the Walkers. Sort your life out mate.

Very well said :mad:

Top post Lisa! Sadly tho' No**ing**m has a profile because of Robin Hood and a certain sheriff...sad but true. So although we are now a bigger city and that place up the road is in decline (not just the football club) it is because of a fictional bad guy (brilliantly played by Alan Rickman in the movie) that the airport is named thus. Ask any Yank about Nottingham and guess what they'll say...ask them about us and...no idea...it's marketing l'm afriad.

Top post Lisa! Sadly tho' No**ing**m has a profile because of Robin Hood and a certain sheriff...sad but true. So although we are now a bigger city and that place up the road is in decline (not just the football club) it is because of a fictional bad guy (brilliantly played by Alan Rickman in the movie) that the airport is named thus. Ask any Yank about Nottingham and guess what they'll say...ask them about us and...no idea...it's marketing l'm afriad.

We may be pissed off by th renaming of EMA but I bet Nottingham are none too happy about Doncaster naming their airport Robin Hood Airport lol The first may be irritating and boring but the second well that's what I call ironic and funny.

You're right, of course...

(... and unfortunately so)

I've got to go against the majority with this one.

What Lisa says seems to be correct in a sense but realistically do we really consider taxes leading to policing etc the reason for not wanting the word "Nottingham" on a sign at the Walkers?

I think the honest answer is no and the real reason is down to competitive rivalry between the two clubs. Therefore realistically, in my eyes, shouldn't be seen as a plausable reason for the expeltion of the sign . It was a very thought out response though by Lisa so fair play although at the end of the day it's a sign of which i'm sure the tree fans take no satisfaction of having in our stadium and it also brings in revenue. It's a sign....

Would you prefer a sign saying "Leicester Cigars" which brought in less money than the airport sign?

Honestly, I doubt it.

I've got to go against the majority with this one.

What Lisa says seems to be correct in a sense but realistically do we really consider taxes leading to policing etc the reason for not wanting the word "Nottingham" on a sign at the Walkers?

I think the honest answer is no and the real reason is down to competitive rivalry between the two clubs. Therefore realistically, in my eyes, shouldn't be seen as a plausable reason for the expeltion of the sign . It was a very thought out response though by Lisa so fair play although at the end of the day it's a sign of which i'm sure the tree fans take no satisfaction of having in our stadium and it also brings in revenue. It's a sign....

Would you prefer a sign saying "Leicester Cigars" which brought in less money than the airport sign?

Honestly, I doubt it.

not Leicester Cigars but maybe more Alliance of Leicester signs.

Archived