Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes_Trust

Question For Lush

"lush Today, 4:45 PM

If i thought talking to tim davies would help city, I`D DO IT"

Tim believes listening to all fans views, if he doesn't agree with your points he will say so & explain why.

On many points the Trust & Tim agree, over a number of issues over the past 2 years we have also dis-agreed however we have a high mutual respect for one another.

So why do you believe it wouldn't help then, are you not convinced by your own views?

To pick up some of your points from your replies last night

"lush Yesterday, 11:45 PM

The club apparently asked 40,000 opinions. Wasnt difficult for them. Firstly, if they actually did, they asked too many, and not the correct ones. Every business continues to make money on a repeat format strategy, then other things like word of mouth etc. The core consumer are approximately those who attended the sheff wed game. THEY are the clubs priority for repeat business."

Not sure where the 40,000 comes from, but the fact that each ST was sent one surely means the club did ask the vast majority of 'core' customers (eg 16,000 ST's at that time). The analysis of the replies was performed by the football research unit at the Uni, not the club.

"The club HAVE the core customers in their grasp for 2/3 hours on every second saturday, it doesnt cost much to ask them what they think..."

So are you suggesting clip boards outside the ground? The Trust tried that & found very few fans were willing to talk to us, altho they may have been worried about us being credit card sales people. Most people when arriving to the ground just want to get inside & you get rushed answers, so questions would need to be brief

"Personally, i think well paid suits are scared to ask, for they feel it could hurt their individual pockets."

You are off again on this cobblers, the Directors (other than the Chief Exec through a salary) do not take money from the club, do we have to keep repeating this

"If 15% is quite high, we have a desperate need to employ new people to look after the opinions of our fans. I`d like to see dedicated individulas, canvass fans opinion, show them the club care. Ask them, dont send them a glossy bit of paper. Its a bloody joke."

15% is a good response level, I have personal knowledge of response rates from a previous job. What would throwing money at employing people really achieve. The Fans Consultative Committee are 12 fans who are giving their time for free to provide well thought out feedback, just like the amount of hours Trust board members dedicate each week, all for free.

"lush Today, 12:20 AM

May i suggest that after a survey not finding for a clear answer, that you ask again, giving the reason?"

A follow up to an initial survey has a very poor respobse rate, we have done this before & less than 25% of the original responders reply a second time, so that isn't a successful approach

"Why couldnt you go public on a issue raised by the club directly to you?"

The Trust certainly gets information which is confidential & cannot be shared. There have been numerous occasions where this has been the case, starting with when the club was 30 minutes from not existing, we only discussed this publically when the club released the information months later. It would have been very damaging to the new set up if it had been made public at that time.

As an example from another Trust from the past, they learnt a star player was to be sold because he was basically a crock, he was sold, the fans went mad, but the Trust couldn't reveal the real reason, as it could have scuppered the entire deal

You have to faith in the Trust to react responsibly on these occasions. There are things we learnt about the groundshare deal which we will never reveal.

"I am active here. The football club would not wana listen to me, because i dont feel anyone should have a paid job there. Besides, i do not feel a fans forum will make any major break through, but we live in hope"

So the players should play for free then? - I'll just ring & tell them.... If a club is to be run correctly you have to pay people to do so, as their is only one paid Director now, that is unusually low for a football club & the hours the Chief Exec puts in are unbelieveably high.

" lush Today, 1:01 AM

The view i get is that theres a us and them situation. Not all fans feel like that. They feel there the major contributor to the future prospects of the club, and then they make bad decisions and seemingly false promisies, like last season with MA. Sure, they dont have to go, but to alot of fans, its an adiction, and the club know that. I think back to the pleat days, the only reason he was sacked, was because of our protests. The club at the time were quite happy to carry on regardless. I appreciate theres different people there now, but the business cut thraot mentality is still the same, greed."

The club understands they are lucky to have a 'customer' base who don't easily walk away & can't switch to another club, like they would a shop. However they are trying to put a 'customer service' ethic across the business.

Greed, you are not off on this obsession again - who is exactly?

"Have you got concreate proof that no dividends have been paid out?"

We get a monthly financial statement, we sit in shareholders meetings, we attend LCFC board meetings, we know what is going on. We will also have a further announcement soon proving how closely we involved in monitoring the clubs finances.

"I didnt enter into your trust with money, i didnt feel you had strong enough policies. I did however support the club through administration, both financially and physically."

Any fan who turned up at games did not go out of their way to help save the club, they just carried on as normal paying to watch games & hoped "others" would sort it out. Its a good thing that the 3,000 Trust members didn't all take that stance, else we wouldn't have a club now. They needed the £100k that we put in initially, they would not have saved the club without it. We received a phone call minutes after the deal was done thanking us for contribution.

So what 'strong' policies would have convinced you then? and would now?

Archived